General Blue&Me

Currently reading:
General Blue&Me

Re: Blue&Me again....

ChrisUK said:
Mine has just gone to status 15 (Start of production) so hopefully will have blue&me installed when they decide to finish it :).

Well ring the dealer, or better go in there and you can see on the screen what bluetooth option your car is being built with. 4J3 and you have Blue&Me, 55G and it's the C1 Bluetooth Convergence Kit.

Hope yours is the former :)

When someone rings me in the car, the number appears on the display as opposed to the name which I have saved in my bomile phone. Is there a way to change this? Quite annoying

no offence but have you read your owners manual or didnt it have any information regarding this?

Nice work Sei, it is indeed all in the manual.

If you're stuck though, if you have a Sony Ericsson all the phonebook is copied over automatically, if you have Nokia then when the computer lady pairs your phone she will ask you to send the contacts to the car... So select all the contacts and send them by bluetooth.

Hope this helps :)

The manual doesn't mention anything about this type of problem. I'll re-pair the phone and send my phonebook again and see if this works. Cheers

Hi

Has anyone got Blue&Me?
On the fiat website it now says that its only available from June 06 (sporting model) but i thought some punto grande owners already had it!!

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Lee

as far as I know, none of the current Sportings that have been delivered have it fitted, even though there is a USB port in the glovebox(n)

Courtster is the resident Blue&me expert.

lwrighty said:
so i ordered mine 2 weeks ago...does that mean that my sporting will have it?

My wife ordered her GP Sporting on 3rd March and was told that build was completed as of 4th May. It has the Blue and Me for definite as I checked the option code.

All Sportings built now will definitely have Blue and me.

lwrighty said:
Hi

Has anyone got Blue&Me?
On the fiat website it now says that its only available from June 06 (sporting model) but i thought some punto grande owners already had it!!

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Lee
Excellent, seems like my nagging paid off!

Hi All

I sent an email to the salesman that sold me the car to voice my concerns over blue&me on cars being built before June 2006. here is the reply.

"Still awaiting for your car to be built, as far as I know there aren't any 1.4 16v Sportings that are actually built yet! All the cars that are UK bound in theory should be coming together unless the buyers have opted for any extras.

There is only currently one version of Blue & Me, the previous Bluetooth system in the first models is solely a hands free phone connection and nothing else. The system fitted to your car has a fully working USB socket, this is a new system which replaces the old. Any cars that are being built with this option should now be leaving with the all singing and dancing Blue & Me.

I'm sorry that I can't be anymore exact with dates and times with regards to your car, but it's hard to say when it's so many miles away in a factory, but needless to say as soon as I have news I will be in contact!"

i'll let you know any other info i get.

Lee

I just spoke with my Dealer and discussed about the Bluetooth and Blue&me systems.....

I ordered my GP 1.4 16v Sporting on the 19th of Apri with the 55G
"Bluetooth", for which here they charge 200Euros, however, he was contacted 1-2 weeks ago from Fiat and advised that the new 4J3 Blue&Me system is available which would cost an extra 50 Euro and my dealer covered this extra cost for me....

So he told me that my car will have the "Blue&Me" ....expected delivery first week of June....

Hope this is the case....(y)

Hi

Why are you getting charged extra for Blue&Me.
In the uk the sporting comes standard with Blue&me
We ordered our Vehicle on the 22nd of April. I was concerned with the blue & me issue but the salesman emailed me to confirm the 4J3 system was being fitted. But even tho we have ordered no extras we still have been told its a 3month wait for the car.

Lee

I've noted that different countries have *way* different versions and standard options that come with those. You UK guys get only 8 versions, whereas we get 16! And not a single one of those has Blue&Me standard, it's a €325 option always.

I for one am glad about Blue&Me being an option in the Netherlands, though :)

Just dug out this little snippet from the Irish press -

To coincide with the launch of new Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting 3dr in Ireland, Blue&Me will be available on this model for a limited period at no extra charge.

Back