General Blue&Me

Currently reading:
General Blue&Me

Hi
Phoned the my dealer today, got scared after reading these posts. My bluetooth code is for blue and me and I ordered my Sporting on the 14th of April, so if you ordered yours after then, looks like you will get blue & me. Also found out that the car is in THIS country and will be with me in the next 10 days :D :D :D I lost hope that it would not be here for my holiday, now it will!

Just had a look in my glove box and noticed I have 2 x USB ports.
so I plugged my usb memory stick into the other port and my mp3s played.
I thought the Blue & Me system only came with 1x usb port ?
Does anyone know what the other usb port is for ?

Screwy said:
I thought the Blue & Me system only came with 1x usb port ?

We thought so. Very strange. Picture please. ;) Maybe you have a very very good relationship with your dealer. :p

The Bluetooth system has one USB socket for dealers to update the system etc. Whereas the more recent Blue & Me system has an additional USB socket in which to plug your MP3 players into.

Hi Guys, this is where I need your help. I have a customer with a Grande Blue and Me, He has a Sony MP3 player which doesnt work with the car.

I have investigated and the files on the drive are OMA files which according to the net are Sonys own way of storing MP3 files. Are we in the same situation as the Ipod files here. I have no mp3 player at work to test the system with until tomorrow, so any help with files systems and their compatability would be appreciated.

Thanks

NumanR

Just ordered GP 1.4 16v Eleganza which hopefully will arrive end Sept 06. The bloke at the dealership said that the USB drive might have a problem reading my mini ipod as its microsoft talking to apple. He suggested maybe looking for a cheaper windows based mp3 player or pen drive. Anybody had any experience with this so far?

OK an update regarding files.

I found a usb pen drive and put mp3 files on it, and the grande recognised the drive and recognised all the mp3 files on it.

Basically it looks like alot of problems seem to be due to the way files are stored on the drive itself, remember these drives were meant to be persoanal audio devices!!! AAC files wont work (IPOD APPPLE), now as far as I can find out from my customer the files on his pc are mp3, which the Sony software change to OMA files. I think this could be alot of the problems with compatability, manufacturers using their own filing system and customers believing the files to still be mp3 files when on their player.

I am sure alot of guys know much more about this than me, and can elaborate, meanwhile I am going to find as many media players as possible and find out their filing systems.

NumanR

The 1Gb IPod Nano works fine as long as its mp3, Although I don't like the dirty apple filing system it puts all the audio into different folders starting at f01 and can go upto f65535. I cant seem to find any logic behind it either.

Best thing you can do in my opinion is get a memory stick as big as you need say 1Gb and copy your music to that with all different artists in different folders to be organised.

has anyone got the message reader working.
I've got it installed, but when I receive a text message nothing happens.
I dont get a notification through blue & me, the Inbox shows nothing in it.
and no previous messages shown.
I've repaired my phone - no problems there.
the message reader is switched on for both visual and audio notification.
Im currently using a Nokia N80 phone.

Anyone got any ideas ?.

Same problem for me. Msg reader is there but says no msgs and no notifictifcation when txt received. I'm using a Nokia N91.

Screwy Both our phones are pretty new as the are both Series 60 3rd edition devices.This might be why they dont work with it.

Anyone else had any luck with any other phones? Samsungs, motorola's or sony ericssons?

I will try my Mrs's Nokia 7370 and see if that works as its a series 40 device like a 6230i which is listed as compatable.

sent an email to Fiat to see if they will be producing any updates for new phones etc, probably wont get a reply, but worth trying.

I am also having the same problem,....

Installed the message reader,....everything seems ok, but when receiving a message ,..nothing happens and says .....no messages....:(

there has to be a solution......:mad:

mine seems to work fine i've got a sony ericcson k750i. the only prob i have is i cant really understand her well, she talks a bit too fast and there's too much bass. any suggestions?

I just picked up my GP Sporting 1.4 16V today. Everything perfect. Super car! ;) My Pocket PC phone, i-mate JAMin works with Blue&Me like a charm. It copied the phonebook in 2 seconds. My only question is (since I haven't got any kind of Blue&Me user's guide): In settings there is an option 'GPRS code" and "Sys code." What can one do with GPRS settings? You can set it to default, and to number 1-4 (or 5, can't remember). Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone has a link to a detailed Blue&Me user's guide (not the one, 4 pages practical user's guide on the FIAT site), or scanned pages of the original, that would be great.

Last edited:
GXbox said:
I just picked up my GP Sporting 1.4 16V today. Everything perfect. Super car! ;) My Pocket PC phone, i-mate JAMin works with Blue&Me like a charm. It copied the phonebook in 2 seconds. My only question is (since I haven't got any kind of Blue&Me user's guide): In settings there is an option 'GPRS code" and "Sys code." What can one do with GPRS settings? You can set it to default, and to number 1-4 (or 5, can't remember). Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone has a link to a detailed Blue&Me user's guide (not the one, 4 pages practical user's guide on the FIAT site), or scanned pages of the original, that would be great.

Does the message reader work for you?

Alex_gregory_uk said:
Does the message reader work for you?

I just woke up ;) , but will install it in the afternoon. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Just installed the message reader. Doesn't work. No biggy. All the contacts and phone functions word perfectly. I'm sure there will be updates in the future, which adds more phones to work with Blue&Me. BTW, still no idea what this GPRS code and SYS code stands for? Also, how do I delete Last calls?

Last edited:
GXbox said:
I just woke up ;) , but will install it in the afternoon. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Just installed the message reader. Doesn't work. No biggy. All the contacts and phone functions word perfectly. I'm sure there will be updates in the future, which adds more phones to work with Blue&Me. BTW, still no idea what this GPRS code and SYS code stands for? Also, how do I delete Last calls?

Hoped you'd say that, and that it wasn't just miy phone thats not working, got a SPV C600. Says that smartphones should work with it! Ah well the rest works great and I'll just wait for updates. Keep on enjoying your car.

Re: Blue&Me again....

Screwy said:
It was Richard Cort Ltd in Bury.

i got my gpunto from richard court bury they also phoned me and and said my car was upgraded to blue and me.

How long did you have to wait for your car, i waited 5 months because they went bump and strated back up as courts ltd

Back