Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

ive just got a 1.9 sporting and i'm getting to grips with the blue & me, so far so ggod. but how do i get the message reader to work? i've got an ericsson w880i

I'm using my iPhone in my 500, and it works (almost) fine - I can use the Blue & Me etc.
However, and this is quite odd - I can't charge my phone through the USB port (although I can charge my iPod there).
Any thoughts?
thanks,
yariv

heya , does any1 have a different ring tone in their car from the original ? if so pm me please because it is so annoying thank you james

hello, my blue&me device doesn't recognize any voice commands.
What can I do to fix it?
thanks

I am just about to receive my 500 1.2 lounge. I have ordered it with NAV option. My plan is to buy the Blue&Me Map 500. My problem is the maps. As I see it you have to buy separate maps for each country. Dos that mean that you have to change CD or SD card every time you cross a border, and dos It at the same time mean that it will not be possible to enter a route from my home in Denmark to Torino in Italy?
Can somebody help.:worship:
I have of course asked the dealer – but he did´t even know about the Map 500 so not much help there.(n)

As fas as I know you can simply put the maps on the SD card. You can have more than one country map on the SD card. So as long as you SD has free space you are good to go.

Hi, don't have my 500 yet, but was wondering if the sony k850i is compatible for sms reader?

Hi everybody

I have a cuestion .
I just bought my fiat grande punto for about 2 days ago
and my problem is that I can call somebody but they don´t seem to hear me (I do hear them).
Is there something I can do so I can use my Hands free in my car Please help me.

Patxisch

Hi, I'm new here!

Nice forum! (y) I'll start by quickly saying that I don't own a Fiat - I am an Alfisto and can be seen hanging around dark corners of alfaowner.com. But hey, you guys are brethren, rithpect, innit? :D

The gf has just got a 2008 Punto Grande 1.9JTD though, with a Windows-branded USB socket in the glovebox - am I right in thinking she therefore has Blue&Me?

If she has, obviously she should be able to use her phone with the car stereo, we'll investigate that - even a man of my meagre talents should be able to get that going :rolleyes:.

But here's the BIG QUESTION! She has an ipod (2nd Gen. 60G photo version I think) with a load of music on, all in mp3 format. I have quickly trawled through the very many posts here but it seems that still, as ever with these bloody things, confusion reigns! :cry:

Can she use this ipod with Blue&Me via the USB socket? If not, will a newer ipod version work with Blue&Me? Can anyone give me a definitive, authoritative answer to this burning question?

Hope someone can help, many thanks in advance! (y)

Cheers all, Max.

Simply try plugging in her ipod into the socket with her standard apple cable, if it is compatible the music will start. If in doubt, connect it, press the phone button and scroll to 'media player' then press the phone button. It should hen find it.

Good luck :D

I think im right dont take my word for it tho =o

My missus has an ancient 1st series ipod which took about 5 tries to connect (It didnt see it first 4 times) and it worked on the 5th time, and has worked ever since

Many thanks Pomp, worked 1st time! (y)

It didn't work when I repeatedly tried a couple of weeks ago, don't think I did anything different? Maybe today was just the 5th time in total and it always takes 5 goes? :shrug:

At the moment though, when an ipod track is playing, the radio display just says 'Mediaplayer' - when I look in the menu it says you can have Artist, Song Title, Album etc but although one of these is selected, it isn't displayed on the screen.

Not the end of the World, but it would be nice if this worked too - any ideas?

Thanks again ;)

Oh, BTW, interestingly, my newer, 5th generation ipod wasn't recognised by Blue&Me - maybe this needs 5 goes (or whatever) too, or the newer ones just don't work with it?

Back