500 Blue&Me problems

Currently reading:
500 Blue&Me problems

Malaurie

Hi everyone !

I recently bought a 2010 Fiat 500 and I can't seem to get the Blue&Me system working. I have multiple issues : the first one being my phone connects just fine and a couple minutes later disconnects, then when I successfully call someone about 30 seconds into the call I get a REALLY loud noise which forces me to end the call and still goes on after. The noise doesn't stop after stoping the car and I really don't know how I make it stop but I try hard and it stops 🤷‍♀️.
So as you can imagine with all of the above I also can't play any media from my phone, I'm condemned to listen to the radio.
And finally something that really bothers me (all of the above do to but meh) : the right hand side controls on the steering wheel don't work at all !
Note : I have the 5.6 update and an iPhone 13 if that helps

So I thought about multiple solutions, I can either change the Blue&Me module and pray for the new one to work or I can change the whole thing and get a new radio thing (sorry I'm French and don't know how it's called) and ignore the controls on the steering wheel but that kinda sucks.

What would you do ? And most of all what do you think is the better option ?

Replace the whole radio.

Blue and Me is a terrible system. You cannot stream music via bluetooth anyway it has to be physically plugged in and with the age of the blue and me system in your car you may need to buy an expensive USB adaptor just to get your phone to work plugged in. Even then there are no guarantees it would work and you could end up spending a huge amount of money to get something working which is just terrible.

In the case of replacing the radio, if it did bother you too much you can buy adaptors which allow the steering wheel buttons to still work with an aftermarket radio.

Back