Technical Blue & Me and Flashing Odometer

Currently reading:
Technical Blue & Me and Flashing Odometer

Once I have unplugged it and sent it off to be refurbed, is it a case of just plugging it back in? To Revtronic for example?
That's a big "it depends" if it retains its (electronic) address then it should plug and play. If the whole thing gets reset then it requires the CanBus ECU to be told there's a "new" module - Proxy Alignment. I used a second-hand module from an Alfa and that "plugged and played"

Once I have unplugged it and sent it off to be refurbed, is it a case of just plugging it back in? To Revtronic for example?
By the way the failed unit will provide a parasitic drain on the battery causing it to be flat within a few days unless you use the car on a regular basis. Unplug it (even if you don't remove it) as soon as possible.

By the way the failed unit will provide a parasitic drain on the battery causing it to be flat within a few days unless you use the car on a regular basis. Unplug it (even if you don't remove it) as soon as possible.
Yes this has been my Biggest issue, the flashing odometer. Will unplug and start my adventure. Fingers crossed

Yes this has been my Biggest issue, the flashing odometer. Will unplug and start my adventure. Fingers crossed
ODO will continue to flash until the car can see a Blue & Me unit but drain goes away. B&M unit must be disconnected at the module under the drivers seat (RHD). Disconnection at the radio head unit does not remove the battery drain...

ODO will continue to flash until the car can see a Blue & Me unit but drain goes away. B&M unit must be disconnected at the module under the drivers seat (RHD). Disconnection at the radio head unit does not remove the battery drain...
Yes I have just done this, so hopefully in the short term the car will at least not die on me any more. Can’t thank you enough. Fiat garage we’re going to charge 150£ to disconnect and it took me less than 5 mins. 💥😬

The
Yes I have just done this, so hopefully in the short term the car will at least not die on me any more. Can’t thank you enough. Fiat garage we’re going to charge 150£ to disconnect and it took me less than 5 mins. 💥😬
so the odometer is still flashing despite the unplug… is that because I need to do a new proxy alignment, to let the system know that it’s not there? I thought unplugging it would solve it…?

The

so the odometer is still flashing despite the unplug… is that because I need to do a new proxy alignment, to let the system know that it’s not there? I thought unplugging it would solve it…?

You’ve another issue I suspect.

Last edited:
Wifes Panda 4x4 had all the previous problems. The odo still flashed after B&M removed sent hers off to Essex Recons found on Ebay £90 ish you send it to them by post they repair it send it back to you plug and play fingers crossed 🤞 its still working OK after 3 months . You need very small hands to remove and refit the unit .

Wifes Panda 4x4 had all the previous problems. The odo still flashed after B&M removed sent hers off to Essex Recons found on Ebay £90 ish you send it to them by post they repair it send it back to you plug and play fingers crossed 🤞 its still working OK after 3 months . You need very small hands to remove and refit the unit .
Is the odometer still flashing? Did she have to redo proxie alignment?

Is the odometer still flashing? Did she have to redo proxie alignment?
No it comes back still with all the original codes inside you just plug it back in and Bobs your uncle, I was recommended these by a friend who had used them for his daughters Ford Ka unit which is the same as the Panda B&M

No it comes back still with all the original codes inside you just plug it back in and Bobs your uncle, I was recommended these by a friend who had used them for his daughters Ford Ka unit which is the same as the Panda B&M
Brill. Will send off today

No it comes back still with all the original codes inside you just plug it back in and Bobs your uncle

Be aware this is not always the case, the main failure point on these unit is poor quality NVRAM on the PCB. Please see my previous post for more detail:

I have no doubt they can repair the unit, I am just pointing out that depending on what needs to be done will affect whether the unit is still plug and play or not. Hopefully it will be but the OP may need to do a proxi align if the repair guys can't extract the old CAN address.

Back