Blue & Me - 2007 Fiat

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - 2007 Fiat

LovelyLisa

I’m stuck and no longer able to use my Bluetooth to make calls now I’ve upgraded my phone.

Can I update the software? Will it work? I’ve called the Fiat garage for advice! They have no idea!

Hi Lisa,
What car have you and what year......you can upgrade the blueme software which helps to pair up later phones........I suggest first though you do a DELETE ALL and then see if you can pair the current phone back up to the car......
I can help you with software updates quicker over the internet but you need to be able to download files from a computer to a flash drive otherwise I have to do it by posting off flash drives with the files on.......

bye

Hi Lisa,
What car have you and what year......you can upgrade the blueme software which helps to pair up later phones........I suggest first though you do a DELETE ALL and then see if you can pair the current phone back up to the car......
I can help you with software updates quicker over the internet but you need to be able to download files from a computer to a flash drive otherwise I have to do it by posting off flash drives with the files on.......

bye
Hi Farrah

Thanks for getting in touch. Appreciate it.

I’ve a 2007 fiat 500. Yes I’ve a computer and can download onto a flash drive.

I ordered a Bluetooth device that connects to the car radio but you can’t listen to any music, all I hear is back ground noise. It’s horrible.

Tried to delete and install but nothing worked. The only thing is I’ve one phone to sims, two networks! I’m blaming my iPhone here when it could be the duel sim. What do you think
My Samsung worked a dream, iPhone!!!! My fiat, peanut, hates it.

Lisa

Hi Farrah

Thanks for getting in touch. Appreciate it.

I’ve a 2007 fiat 500. Yes I’ve a computer and can download onto a flash drive.

I ordered a Bluetooth device that connects to the car radio but you can’t listen to any music, all I hear is back ground noise. It’s horrible.

Tried to delete and install but nothing worked. The only thing is I’ve one phone to sims, two networks! I’m blaming my iPhone here when it could be the duel sim. What do you think
My Samsung worked a dream, iPhone!!!! My fiat, peanut, hates it.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

2007 will mean you have a generation1 blue me module so are limited to the level of updates..........that said I have done up to 2010 cars with gen 1 and updated to the latest possible level which is V5.6 and had reasonable results with certain phones........we are not experts on the phones just really the TomTom sat navs and replacing the old useless MagnetiMarelliMAP so on later cars need to update to V10 software but this is only possible on a gen2 module.....I get a lot of queries from owners who have paid over £100 for TomTom2's on ebay and just wasted their money as they cannot be paired up to an earlier car with gen1 modules as they only work with gen2............

The best advice I can give is to go through the process o updating as you may be only at the original V5.4.........this can be a bit daunting as you cannot go straight to 5.6 from 5.4 and have to upgrade to 5.5 then again to get to 5.6.............

Process is to extract your current BMconf file from the car, upload it to the blueandme.net website and get the latest software..........

I can send you the files over the internet to download but you need to do this on a USB flash drive formatted to FAT32 and it must be FAT32........it is not too difficult but I need to do it through email so you can PM me and we can start.....

I cannot stress though the first thing to do is go through the cluster menu or steering wheel buttons and do a DELETE ALL.......so many devices over the years may have been added by owners and 15 years ago Bluetooth was not as prevalent as it is now with so many devices and any previous codes programmed into the car should be removed.........

Twin sim cards I dont understand unless you mean twin providers.....if that is the case then this should not be a problem as it depends which one you pair the phone to........that said not my best subject we have a 2010 car with an iPhone10 and all works fine but we have hacked the gen1 module to get a tomtom2 to work but dont play music from the phone......

Hope this helps a little....

Bye

Back