Technical Blue key/red key - little unsure

Currently reading:
Technical Blue key/red key - little unsure

basically I have but one key for my little yellow cinque

I want another, do I need to spend a fortune on stuff, immobiliser and whatnot (if so my dad can darn well get the key out my pocket each morning)

Or is it going to be a little easier, ie jst need a fiat dealer to get a new key

Thanks all

no, jst take ur blue key to key cuttin place they got ones with the chips n things i got my blue key cut twice n they all work, red ke yfor recoding leave well alone lol xxx

Put the red key in a VERY safe place - it's costly to replace!

As alainax said, most key cutting shops will be able to clone a blue key.

Randomman said:
Dont have a red key, what does that mean?

Thanks

:eek:
If you need to use the Fiat code system you're gonna look at loads of cash to get the cinq going again - entire system will need recoding by Fiat to a new set of keys.

TBH it may mean getting rid of the cinq due to the cost. :(

Making sure you get the red key is one of the most important things you look for when looking to buy a cinq IMO.

red key can be needed for ECU probs,though its not too common. from fiat it means over £1000 to replace the ecu locks etc but there are ways around it.either get a chip(off the forum)to improve performance and disable the immob or get the ecu decoded for bout £175.
wouldnt worry to much as its one of those things you may never need.
just get your blue key cloned fro now so you have a spare,timpsons do them

Or if it all goes pete tong just buy an early secondhand pre red key ECU which is a simple plug out / plug in affair. By all acounts the 900cc ECU runs the sporting (of which I have one spare ;))

Hi, I have a question about the red/ blue keys.
I have just bought a 899cc cinq runs ok.
Only have one key looks sorta red, upon opening it has like a small glass tube, is this the red master key with the chip in it?
If so how can I get a hold of a spare blue key and use that instead.
Also does this mean that my N reg cinq SX does infact have an immobiliser? As it does start with a key icon on the dash which goes out after a few seconds.

Cheers in advance.

I think the key which people call red is more burgundy but anyway, you can get a blue key at any branch of Timpsons (the shoe repair and key cutting place), take your burgundy (red) key and they will clone a blue one for you, not too sure of cost but it will be under £25 I expect.

Afterwards, start using your blue key and keep the other one safe.

Liam

The key you have is the master key. And the little thing in there is the transponder which tells the codebox to unlock the ECU. If you go to Fiat you can get a key made and some other places might do them too.

Thanks for the replies, most helpful.
I'll have a look for a timpsons near Hamilton.
One small thing else. (sorry for posting in this topic)
I think my accelerator cable is catching on the dust cover (after reading some posts) I need to know roughly where on the engine this is and breifly how to free it up without damaging it.
I do have a haynes manual ordered but that could take days to arrive and as I just got the car and it is my first I would like to drive it about for a while in full working order.

amiller112 said:
Thanks for the replies, most helpful.
I'll have a look for a timpsons near Hamilton.
One small thing else. (sorry for posting in this topic)
I think my accelerator cable is catching on the dust cover (after reading some posts) I need to know roughly where on the engine this is and breifly how to free it up without damaging it.
I do have a haynes manual ordered but that could take days to arrive and as I just got the car and it is my first I would like to drive it about for a while in full working order.

Think theres a timpsons in Motherwell mate!

amiller112 said:
Also does this mean that my N reg cinq SX does infact have an immobiliser? As it does start with a key icon on the dash which goes out after a few seconds.

Yes.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Seicento Racer said:
I've just looked at my code key card and the numbers have worn away am I in deep trouble?

I think you can get another card from Fiat.

hello.
i don't have a red key only the blue one.
what can i do with the car in regards to disconnecting the battery fuses etc.
does this have any effect on the code thing? sorry for being a bit dumb don't know much about cars let alone fiats.
cheers

Back