20131128_153146 (Medium).jpg

Grande Punto Blue 1.9 Multijet Sporting - Rome

Introduction

Hi All,

Just starting to make a thread about my Mjet, after all the money iv spent fixing it iv decided to start spending more on mods FINALLY.

Ordered my FK AK Street Coilovers they should be arriving today and fitted either today or early next week.

Also got my FK badgless grill on order from FK Automotive, ordered in October and should be arriving mid feb ( Everyone whos dealt with these knows how slow they are!!)

Toying with the idea of Tinting the back windows and having the alloys sprayed or changed. Will also be re-mapped early next year once i know more about it!

Bought the car from NewPark motors in Crewe (I ADVISE ANYONE WHO READS THIS NEVER TO BUY A CAR FROM THEM)

Paid £4200 for the car with 25,000 on the clock.

So far, The Steering Column has had to be replaced and the blue and Me unit replaced. Hit a serious pot hole at work which shattered my top mount, buckled my wheel and killed my tyre! :bang:

As of yet, the car is completely standard -

20131128_153146 (Medium).jpg

20131128_153150 (Medium).jpg

20131128_153159 (Medium).jpg

20131128_153207 (Medium).jpg

Car.jpg

All comments welcome!
Done a load of research now on performance gains for the 1.9 GP. Still really not into the idea of remapping, everyone knows its a risk you take with your car, and i just dont think its worth it for an extra 40bhp - 50bhp. I know some people have done it and had no problem for 60K+ miles but still.....just not comfortable with it. For me its a cheap way of getting massive gains.

So... where to start... induction kit? Exhaust? intercooler?

Can I ask why did you replace the blue and me? And was it a new or used one?

Done a load of research now on performance gains for the 1.9 GP. Still really not into the idea of remapping, everyone knows its a risk you take with your car, and i just dont think its worth it for an extra 40bhp - 50bhp. I know some people have done it and had no problem for 60K+ miles but still.....just not comfortable with it. For me its a cheap way of getting massive gains.

So... where to start... induction kit? Exhaust? intercooler?

However you generate the extra power, its still going to be transmitted through the gearbox so if you are worried about reliability don't do any tuning or go for a very mild re-map or an adjustable tuning box.

Can I ask why did you replace the blue and me? And was it a new or used one?

Basically my steering wheel buttons weren't working at all and I had the flashing mileage, so I rang my local fiat dealer and they said they'd have a look at it, thinking it would be a simple plug in and update jobby. Once they'd checked it over they said the whole blue and me unit had been "spiked" which according to them has f****d it. I think the previous garage I had it off had something to do with it. They quoted me £511 for a new unit including labour and VAT.

Decided to take my EGR valve off yesterday to clean it up and surprisingly it wasn't bad at all!! :eek:

Iv had the car 8 months and it's the first time iv cleaned it so I expected it to be caked! Such a simple job to do, I'd advise anyone with an hour spare to do it.

Decided to take my EGR valve off yesterday to clean it up and surprisingly it wasn't bad at all!! :eek:

Iv had the car 8 months and it's the first time iv cleaned it so I expected it to be caked! Such a simple job to do, I'd advise anyone with an hour spare to do it.

Been putting this EGR clean for months...
...never done it before.

But like fitting a new lightbulb, loads of people found it hard...
was the easiest thing I've ever attempted lol

Sure there was a guide somewhere on the forum.

Been putting this EGR clean for months...
...never done it before.

But like fitting a new lightbulb, loads of people found it hard...
was the easiest thing I've ever attempted lol

Sure there was a guide somewhere on the forum.

Yes there's a guide on it mate you can't got wrong following it, I had a read through it before hand and I found it dead helpful, can't fault it!! Dropped one of the gaskets from the 90 degree corrugated pipe down into the engine, that was the only problem I came across! Luckily it fell through and onto the deck haha

Yeah runs a lot smoother with the new filter, well worth buying.

Had my top mounts changed yesterday, my mate charged me £16 each which i thought was cheap, was expecting £25 - £30!

Got my coilovers on, more than happy with the drop, havnt slammed it cus the amount of speed bumps around my area but its got rid of the horrendous arch gap. The ride isnt too harsh either, but obviously you feel more bumps in the road than usual. Handles so much better, no role when cornering and the car just feels tighter.

so, heres some quick pictures i took yesterday, there will be more to follow.....

Haha how have you not see me about? My misses lives in clayton just up from Morrisons in castle...

Back