Technical blowers gone peeved of and im cold lol

Currently reading:
Technical blowers gone peeved of and im cold lol

andyleeds

hey guys my 1st post !!

i have a punto grande 06 plate and my blowers have stopped working full stop !! was just wondering is it just a fuse that has blown ? and where is the fuses i have been looking in my manual and it all just dont make sence !! and how can i fix it? if anyone can help me i would appreciate it so much

happy new year all

hey guys my 1st post !!

i have a punto grande 06 plate and my blowers have stopped working full stop !! was just wondering is it just a fuse that has blown ? and where is the fuses i have been looking in my manual and it all just dont make sence !! and how can i fix it? if anyone can help me i would appreciate it so much

happy new year all

Hi Andy, Welcome to The Fiat Forum, take a look here.
https://www.fiatforum.com/search.php?searchid=4085205

cheers mate but thats all double dutch to me im gonna go have a look in my car again hmmmmmm

Try fiddling about with the cables in the passenger footwell. If u disconnect the thick grey one then put it bak in that mite work. Had the same problem wit mine and that fixed it :)

The heater in my car has gone too, however, when I've got my lights on and put my full beam on, it turns the lights of, my rear demister isn't working and neither is the cig lighter! All of them stoped working at the same time then started again, and kept doing in, now they've stoped altogether, is that the same with your's?

Cheers

hey guys my 1st post !!

happy new year all

New motor is £103+vat from fiat... did one today on a grande :)

HI.
had 2 within last week have both been a bad earth,removed heater panal & put a new earth lead to the black wire,both workrd a treat:)

Helloo everybody, Just like to say that the heating system on my car packed ina few weeks ago, It still worked but the darn dials wouldnt turn. Now it has broke all together. I turned my egniotion on and my dash lights and stereo have blown.

Mine went about three weeks ago took it to fiat in Warrington and they had to replace the wiring loom and the blower.

hi

my heater stops and when i either hit a hole it comes back again and then it stops and i fell number 4 does not blow as hard as it used to could someone help me the car has just turned a year old so i think it be under warenty.

please could some one help, ive only been driving for a year, dont know much about cars......... bought grande punto 07 3 month ago,, trade sale from a fiat garage hence they wont help, the blowers have stopped working and when i looked under the passanger footwell like some one suggested to find the wires i found that the plastic clip had melted and 2 of the wires were hanging out, oviously the fault but no were sells this clip?????? ive looked every where, the back door handles only open from the inside, your verry lucky if you can open it from the outside and i thought it didnt have a boot light but when ive looked it does and the bulbs fine but it dosent work!!!! please could some one help the car didnt even come with a manual so i cant even flick thru to see if i could work any of the problems out :( i only ever wanted fiat cars as ive had an 04 plate punto since passing and family got fiat cars, landed myself a job promotion and i thought.... further to travel lets get new car fiat was the only 1 in mind.... picked a grande punto over new fiesta :bang:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

you might have a job sourcing a clip to suit but it sounds to me like the fan motor is also on its way out if its over heating to that extent

this might help with the rear door handles

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/245162-how-adjust-rear-door-handle-grande-punto.html

does the boot open warning light come on in the car?

ie turn the car on then open the boot with the other doors closed with the button on the dash does the red door open light come on?

if not the boot catch mechanism is probably at fault due to water ingress and the microswitch which sends a signal to the body computer to control both is probably corroded new boot catch time

only tools needed for that are a 10mm spanner and a pozzi screw driver

manual can be downloaded here

http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/SelectModel.aspx?markID=1&languageID=1
(y)

From my experiance it is not the fan just the connectors that do not fit tight enough causing friction.

You could get a new fan wirerng harness from fiat or solder some wires on to the fan connectors and do away with the item you need.

thank you so much for your reply, your right the boot open light dosent come on the dash, thats probebly going to cost a fortune for a new boot catch mechenism.... i took the car to a different fiat garage and asked for a quote for all the parts for the blower problem and luckly the receptionist dropped fiat in it!! she said well you know we did warn you at its last service in febuary that you would need a wiring loom and blower motor and more, a didnt buy the car till april so a said what you knew about it and still sold me the car?? a told them a was getting in touch with trading standards and she said straight away can you get it in tomorrow, so what would have cost me hundreds of pounds cost me nothing and its as good as new now :) im going to have a look at the doors and see what i can do with them then i will let you know how it goes

thanks again brilliant help!
Dean

thank you so much for your reply, your right the boot open light dosent come on the dash, thats probebly going to cost a fortune for a new boot catch mechenism.... i took the car to a different fiat garage and asked for a quote for all the parts for the blower problem and luckly the receptionist dropped fiat in it!! she said well you know we did warn you at its last service in febuary that you would need a wiring loom and blower motor and more, a didnt buy the car till april so a said what you knew about it and still sold me the car?? a told them a was getting in touch with trading standards and she said straight away can you get it in tomorrow, so what would have cost me hundreds of pounds cost me nothing and its as good as new now :) im going to have a look at the doors and see what i can do with them then i will let you know how it goes

thanks again brilliant help!
Dean

boot lock is £20...not a fortune!

I would query the loom and heater motor, you dont need both

Hello I was hoping someone could help me. I have been having problems with my heater blowers since I bought the car. They come on and go off intermittently, with the help of the forum I have already discovered it the black electronic connect box that connects to the heater/fan resistor/motor. It has two burnt out terminals and the wires connecting at the other side are also frayed and burnt. The only solution I think to solve the problem would be to get new connector box and rewire?

Does anyone know where I can purchase this or have any other ideas to fix it?

Anyone’s help would be much appreciated, cheers

Back