General Blower heater

Currently reading:
General Blower heater

Teignjason210172

:bang:
Hello all. I know this subject has probably been addressed countless times so I'll apologise now in advance.....
My blower is not working.......
so this is what I've done...
1. checked the fan......its working
2. I checked the switch.......its working
3. checked the plug that connects to resistor....ok.
The Resistor is new. To be honest I cant find a way to test it with my limited mechanical/electrical knowledge.
I have feed going from each wire on the plug. The way I found out was to make up a wire with a 7.5 amp fuse. with a spade I would connect to that relevant wire then the other end I would touch a earth point (door hinge bolt). The fan would work.
Is there anything else I could do to check or does everything I do point to a dodgy resistor????????????

Thank you all in advance

(y)

Check the earth feed plug, mk2 were prone to it - mk2b got an upgrade which cured this issue

Check the guides for fans are turning on my side lights - itll show you where to check

As i fell into this trap thinging cause 12v is ther its all good
But it could handle 12v but no current

Ziggy

:bang:
Hello all. I know this subject has probably been addressed countless times <SNIP>
I have feed going from each wire on the plug. The way I found out was to make up a wire with a 7.5 amp fuse. with a spade I would connect to that relevant wire then the other end I would touch a earth point (door hinge bolt). The fan would work.
Is there anything else I could do to check or does everything I do point to a dodgy resistor????????????

Thank you all in advance

(y)

The above description confirms Ziggy's post saying it's a missing earth.
Don't just put a new earth wire on, trace the fault down as it could cause other faults or even a fire if not sorted out.

Robert G8RPI

Thanks Guys,
Would I be right to say the earth cable for the heater is the one situated on the inner wing?:)

Back