General Bloody Indicators

Currently reading:
General Bloody Indicators

bioing

Hello all

i have an punto R reg 1.2 sx 1998

the indicators have been regularly stopping working.. i.e. when i indicate either left or right they will either work (click click click) for a few seconds and stop or simply not work at all.

the same thing happens when i try the hazard warning lights...

sometimes banging the steering column makes them work again.. and sometimes they will be totally fine for days.

from reading other posts it seems as though it could be the relay actually within the steering column or the fuse?

how do i check both of these? im not very technically minded, is there anything specific i need or should be looking for?

Cheers!

can you tell me exactly how to do this?

is this just the fuse in the little compartment under the drivers side dash?

cheers!

Take off the steering column cowling. 3 allan screws

Then its plugged into the bottom of the steering column, so just remove and refit the new one

okay.. so i found the blue box behind the steering wheel..... how do i get it out? if i wiggle it i can make the indicators work... so am guessing its either duff or just needs a clean... but i cant seem to pull it out????

Just pull it should just come out.

Get a new one off ebay, seems to be a few on there

thats the thing mate.. i was pulling it hard and it wasnt coming out... even had a screwdriver wedged underneath to try and prise it out with no luck!! :mad:

Back