General bloody car dammit!!!!!

Currently reading:
General bloody car dammit!!!!!

was driving to work this morning and was sitting in heavy traffic and noticed the temp gauge go up, i watched it slowy go up and would normally sit a t 90 in traffic but it slowly passed 90 heading towards 130.. cccrrrrraaaaapppppp!!!!

pulled over onto the hard shoulder phoned work told them car had broke down popped open the bonnet when it came light. expansion bottle empty so called my bro to bring water he brought 8 litres.

used up one 4ltr bottle of water and headed home-ish but dropping car off at garage carried on about 10miles temp went up again stopped expansion bottle empty used other 4 litre bottle and caried on to garage now waiting for a verdict - i think it might be the radiator :(

Lets Play Hangman!

H _ _ D G _ S K _ T

That's worst-case though. Try running the engine with the coolant topped up and watch for leaks around the engine bay, if it's the radiator, you'll see it pissing everywhere

brickfoot said:
Lets Play Hangman!

H _ _ D G _ S K _ T

That's worst-case though. Try running the engine with the coolant topped up and watch for leaks around the engine bay, if it's the radiator, you'll see it pissing everywhere
i doubt it is the HG - there was steam pouring oput the front i thought you lose power when HG goes?? marks did on the MG

I think it is the radiator - had a HG go on my old Renault Clio, and lost all power; it was totally undriveable, and jerking all over the place - not fun on a busy rush hour morning trying to get to a clients :(

dave said:
probly is rad i thought it need doing a while back seem to rember geting a price for 1 :confused: as you was good and pulled over when temp went up you proubley saved it from more damage, wanna buy a sei?

i rememeber but when i took it to the garage they said it wasnt the rad - thus i had no need to buy one.

garage has called me - the rad is shot and poss the thermostat too, car wont be ready until wed at the easrliest :(

Back