Blood Donations

Currently reading:
Blood Donations

Hey :)

So... it's that time again where I've been sent the postcard from the blood transfusion service to donate again. Just wondering who else does donates regularly? :spin:

Nah, I would like to but I had an operation a few years ago and ended up receiving a unit of the red stuff. Not that they're worried that it was contaminated, they just like to be extra safe...

on one hand i think blood donations are great because they save lives, possibly even mine.

on the other hand we have to many people alive already, so giving blood could be as irresponsible as having more than 2 kids.

if i was able to give blood i would, but i cant because i have received payment for sex in the past. seems unfair to me but thats the rules.

its odd that gay men cant give blood if they have had oral or anal sex with a man, but a man having oral or anal sex with a woman is fine and either of them can give blood, but only if the man hasnt had gay sex in the prior 12 months. if he has then even the woman cant give blood. wtf?!

Misssporty500 - go yourself, it's nothing to worry about, or get a friend to go to just be there with you - they don't have to donate!

Chris - on your second donation they should tell you your blood group!!

This is something like my 15th donation... I missed a year after getting a tattoo :eek:

Last edited:
LOL @ Jug.... yeh some the rules are bizarre not that I agree or disagree with them... I always have a good laugh at the questions though:ROFLMAO:

custard - know how that feels!

Last edited:
I'm barred from donating; only one reason now but was two until they relaxed rules slightly.

im probably more safer then most straight males tbh :confused:

Yes you probably are but the gay scene in general (don't mean to offend) isn't safe at all up until late a big lack of use of protection and high risk of cross infections.

I know because I got a gay friend thats very much in the scene in newcastle :rolleyes:. We got a free round of drinks once when 4-5 chavs came in the gay bar after the footy and ordered a round of drinks, they twigged on it was a gay bar and ran out screeming lol. Left all their drinks untouched :D :slayer:

Last edited:
Yes you probably are but the gay scene in general (don't mean to offend) isn't safe at all up until late a big lack of use of protection and high risk of cross infections.

its okay dont worry, it takes a lot to offend me :p

i guess you could say im quite a lot different to most in a way :)

i try and do other things to counter balance the fact i cant donate, charity events etc, ran round york racecourse a few months ago and raised a few hundred towards a charity (cant remember which one :eek:)

My experience is the older someone is the more risks they take, my age group has been bombarded with (justified) scare campaigns for all our lives.

Back