General bleeding the coolant system

Currently reading:
General bleeding the coolant system

nclemale

hi guys hi have read all the posts on bleeding the coolant with the 2 bleed screws etc .

i have tried this until the fan kicked in but i noticed when i went to close the screw next to the headlamp the water was cold. should this not be hot ??

the tank and all the pipes are boiling hot with the exception of this lilttle pipe where the bleed screw is

Any further help or info please.

thanks

Depends how much coolant you allowed to flow from that pipe.

When I bled mine last year the coolant come out in spurts, quite a few spurts with air in between before it was actually constant coolant and the time to close the bleed screw.

So if you closed the screw as soon as the first spurt of coolant came out, there could still be air in the system.

i see. i only unscrewed it so it dripped out slowly . was just concerned the fact that is was still cold water thats all .

thanks will try it again .

sorted lol .hence the reason why i only unscrewed it a lil bit as i nearly lost all my coolant in the process but it should be fine now thanks again.

It is simpler doing it cold...

But after I do it cold and have used it for a week or so I let it cool down partly after a run and the release a bleed screw until I get water. There will be air dissolved in the water, some may be trapped in the rad and heater matrix. But I dont think you need to do this.

If you try bleeding it with engine running and hot any pressure drop may prompt local boiling in the cylinder head...

Noel

Back