WP_000332.jpg

Cinquecento Black Betty! Progress thread.

Introduction

Hey everyone, seems like everyone has heard of "Black Betty" so I thought I would start a progress thread on how she is doing under my ownership :D

Here she is on the first night I got her :)

WP_000332.jpg

Little and Big haha

WP_000351.jpg

Anyway started working on some of the little bugs she had, first off... A bolt had sheered off the passenger seat at some point and the lug had been welded on. Thanks to a friend messing with the seat (Zinraf on fiat forum :mad: ) It snapped off, so the sheered original was drilled out and replaced :)

WP_000357.jpg

Then the car was having under/over heating issues, as posted in a previous thread this was fixed with a new thermostat.

WP_000353.jpg

WP_000352.jpg

All fixed and the coolant system works as it should :) although it still runs a little cold, better than too hot I guess!

And whilst we are at it lets sort out the vacuum hoses!

WP_000358.jpg

Compact car parking space... pefect! :D

WP_000349.jpg

And now the real fun begins! Picked up these Lancia wheels which she used to have, and she looks amazing on them, I will upload pics if I ever manage to get home from work before it gets dark!

WP_000362.jpg

I will keep people updated if they are interested in the thread! :)
Yeah your right Pattinson :)!

Just thinking, standard edu allows the punto engine to rev to 1000 rpm more than it should, any chance I could fit an adjustable limiter? Wouldn't mind a 2 step just for the fun of it :p

Edit: jatkinson!!!! Stupid auto correct

Last edited:
Slow progress until payday but I thought I may aswell post on a more personal note to keep the thread alive,

I am starting to worry that I won't be getting kept on in my job passed the 6 month trial period, So I may not be on the road for a long time anyway. Hoping it is just me being paranoid or "Mr Confident" as people at work enjoy calling me sarcasticly, fingers crossed it is all in my head! (n)

Back