General Bits and bobs

Currently reading:
General Bits and bobs

Hey guys, nice to see the forum's back up and this place is as lively as ever. :) And here's a bit of sod's law for you. I was home on the weekend and I've just driven back in the gentlest, most fuel friendly manner to date, the only time I sneaked over 70 was overtaking a lorry on the A500 (the only vehicle I stumpled upon) so I wasn't getting all the spray. Anyway despite this, as I was going into Stoke at the usual 30mph I couldn't help but notice the deep thrum of the exhaust was slightly more audible than normal.

I pulled over to have a listen from the back and could hear some metal clinking in time to the idle. Turns out that, despite being mothered back to uni, the back box has detached from the mid section. I rattled the end of the exhaust and it's sitting there nice and snugly and it's not come too much out of place, but the exhaust is blowing a fair bit. Tuneful, and no where near as ear-piercing as most big bore back boxes, but of course something that will need fixing at some point.

Easter sounds like a good time to fix it, and I hope to get the alternator done then, too.

Anyway, there's no real purpose to this thread, although saying that if people could give me prices of their exhausts it'd be something to chew on. Ta. :)

FuzzyPanda said:
........ there's no real purpose to this thread, although saying that if people could give me prices of their exhausts it'd be something to chew on. Ta. :)

Course theres always a purpose to these posts!

We all like to know how each others 'splutter' 'Rufus' 'Juppy' and 'Dogcar' are getting on!:D

It's like mothers talking to each other going 'Benny got the chicken pox....' & 'Alisons just got her woggle badge at GB' etc

Anyway, does Rufus have one of those funky late exhausts with the heat shields?

I paid 110 quid for mine and that was with staff discount:eek:

Jim

Thanks guys. I'm yet to inspect the break in any amount of detail but I think a bit of putty should do me all right. The exhaust did have a heatshield, but it came loose and rattled like an absolute bitch so I removed it.

I'm now wondering if it was the exhaust that was rattling all the time and not the alternator. Still, with the exhaust a good 20% louder than before, I can't really hear any minor rattles any more!

£110 is pretty steep Jim, where was that from? And isn't the 4x4's exhaust a different design to the 2x4's? There's a good garage back home which does exhausts pretty cheap, might be worth a look. :)

Thanks again.

Damm I looked at the heading and thiught it read "bits and boobs",,,,,What,,,,,What,,,,I'm shallow what can I say.

Anyway, Jim likes to pay as much as possible for things, he's adverse to doing it on the cheap. :bang:

Edit..except whenit's welding of course:p

FuzzyPanda said:
£110 is pretty steep Jim, where was that from? And isn't the 4x4's exhaust a different design to the 2x4's? There's a good garage back home which does exhausts pretty cheap, might be worth a look. :)

Thanks again.

It was Kiwk fit for a selecta exhaust (1108cc) both sections

It's got some flexible bit in the middle that older pandas don't have so it was going to cost abit more (apperantly)

Jim

KWIKFIT !!!:eek:

I've only ever had to have three exhausts fitted by them ...and I've had to go back each time for a re-fit. Dreadful.

pandafan said:
KWIKFIT !!!:eek:

I've only ever had to have three exhausts fitted by them ...and I've had to go back each time for a re-fit. Dreadful.
That's because they fit them so quickly they don't have time to tighten the nuts... and bolts

Hmm, not driven the car for quite some time thanks to a sudden influx of work to get done and crap weather etc. Weather's gorgeous today, though, but I'm stumped for anywhere to go. I should save the petrol for when I go home on Saturday but I don't like leaving the car standing for semi-long periods of time and I fancy going out for a play in the car.

Suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Suppose I could have a look at the exhaust and see what's exactly wrong with it... Hmm!

I believe you can still find some at glenshea & avimore :D

Attachments

• snow6.JPG
    snow6.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 19
Back