General Bits and bobs

Currently reading:
General Bits and bobs

Had a good look at the exhaust and it doesn't seem as bad as I first thought, it's certainly not going to fall off during driving which is a good thing but still needs replacing at some point.

I would get the polish out and get the paint nice and shiny again but all the cleaning stuff is at home. Definitely going to give the car a thorough cleaning over easter and fit that sodding roof clip.

Man it's a well nice day. :)

Been home since Saturday and the car is looking great after a good polishing on Monday. Went shopping for backboxes today and will have one tomorrow which cost a grand total of just £24! Luckily it's just the backbox I need, and luckily I didn't take up one garage's offer of £111. :eek:

I'd post a picture but there's too much choice. Hmmmmm...

Praying for good weather tomorrow as that's my selected day to fit the backbox. Quite looking forward to fitting it!

Also made a new avatar and sig from my pics earlier this week, and Alan's valeting thread got my enthusiasm for giving the interior of Rufus a good clean. Just need that roof bit (ordering tomorrow) and eventually the right alternator (given up on that for now) and I'll be happy. :)

Cheers matey. The blueness of the car is quite astounding now, I wasn't keen on the shade originally but it's grown on me a lot. When you're sat surrounded by blue metal and can see a shiny blue bonnet in front of you, you could be forgiven for developing some sort of irrational hatred of blue after a few years of ownership.

I wonder if I'll be a sane man 3 years into my university course! ;)

The forecast is looking good for tomorrow, which means it'll probably p!ss it down as soon as I slide under the car. :rolleyes:

Exhaust is on and looking good, however there was a bit of a problem when disconnecting it from the cat. Unscrewing the nut from the stud that goes into the cat section, it took just half a turn before the stud broke and the spring fired the nuts into the backbox with a big PING.

So I'm on the lookout for a new stud that goes into the cat. It's temporarily fixed but after a quick test drive there is definitely some air escaping from the join at the cat.

So, you guessed it, does anyone have a spare stud?

I'll be seeing if the same-engined Uno at my local scrappy has one tomorrow, hopefully it will, but if any of you guys have one knocking around I would greatly appreciate it on my car. :)

Cheers guys.

Anyone got one of these studs then (see previous post)? I'll post a picture of what I'm on about if necessary. If someone can come up with one I will not only be delighted but will give some sort of reward or prize or payment to whoever has one.

Panda update: Glass cleaned, car washed, FF stickers put on. (y)

And new backbox pic:

Attachments

• 100_4797.JPG
    100_4797.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 19
Alan.D said:
A new one will cost peanuts and guaranteed not to go PING!

Do you reckon I can get one from my local Fiat dealer, then? I suppose it's worth a try tomorrow, I can order my roof clip while I'm there too I suppose. My dad was adamant it would only be obtainable if I bought a new cat...

FuzzyPanda said:
Anyone got one of these studs then (see previous post)? I'll post a picture of what I'm on about if necessary. If someone can come up with one I will not only be delighted but will give some sort of reward or prize or payment to whoever has one.

Panda update: Glass cleaned, car washed, FF stickers put on. (y)

And new backbox pic:

are sure its wise parking a panda in such close proximity to water?:p looks very clean underneath (y)

Well I went to my local Fiat dealer today and their parts software showed the stud as part of the whole Cat section of exhaust, not a separate piece like in the diagram you found Alan.

Very odd.

Still, picking up my roof bit tomorrow so I'm not totally disheartened.

Back