Cinquecento Bishy's Seicento Sporting Schumacher Journal

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Bishy's Seicento Sporting Schumacher Journal

Nice looking car, Red cleans up really well.

I would imagine the Rev Counter is a trapped/broken wire or something similar.

Big fan of M cars and Michael Schumacher.

It must be the wire from the ECU to the rev counter. All out gauge faliures are pretty rare although I would start by removing the rev counter. (Remove cover on top with flat blade screwdriver then loosen philips screw and it lifts straight out).

The loom may just have come loose. Worth checking for 10 mins work.

well as far as i know that should be an MOT failure, one of them weird rules.. rev counter has to work if it has one but strangely speedo doesn't have to work. Although not looked this up since the new rules so that not be true anymore.

never heard of that before buddy

Nice looking car, Red cleans up really well.

I would imagine the Rev Counter is a trapped/broken wire or something similar.

Big fan of M cars and Michael Schumacher.

It must be the wire from the ECU to the rev counter. All out gauge faliures are pretty rare although I would start by removing the rev counter. (Remove cover on top with flat blade screwdriver then loosen philips screw and it lifts straight out).

The loom may just have come loose. Worth checking for 10 mins work.

Cheers buddy, had a bit of a poke around the other day but not really had the time TBO, Cant find the ECU! seen on other seicentos that its in the engine bay on the right hand side as you look at the engine but on mine it has the ABS where I've seen the ECU on other cars?.

Will wip the rev counter out when I get chance, had the back off it but not removed it as yet.

Chap down the garage like the shumey, bright little car and in good nick he said!, the rear swing/trailing arm bushes are ok and it seams to be the rear N/S wheel bearing which they are doing as I write this, he is also fitting new front pads as they past the MOT but they are nearly finished!.

Love the "M3" will feel all the more special when I drive it now and i'll only be using it for fun and on sunny days now, will be getting packed away for winter next week, although i'm sure the Shumey will be a fun little car to drive dispite the Postman Pat's van comments that i've had at work! lol

Is it? ok will take a look thanks ;-) can't make head nor tails of the manuals! lol

Well not much to report on the Shumey other than it's been really reliable when using it for driving to and from work etc. According to my fuelly app it's doing 39.2 MPG with a mixture of VERY steady A roads or short Motorway runs to work and a bit of around Town work.......expected more like 45 MPG TBO but don't know if 39 MPG is respectible??.

Drives really nicely and handels pretty well too, have played around with the tyre pressures again and have settled on a high 35 front and 34 rear!, at 32 the car pogoed about a bit nodding front and back over bumps and felt like the tyres was low/flat!.

Still clunks from the nearside rear, was told that it was a wheel bearing but just can't see that it would be?, so will have a look at the rear swing arm bushes at some point as my money is on those needing to be replaced, Oh and still not got to the bottom of why the rev counter is not working!, not too bothered about it as been driving it REALLY slowly to save fuel etc but will maybe get a rev counter of e-bay and see if that works.

Other than that, gave the car a quick clean today and i'm still really chuffed how it comes up, dispite the fact that the qenuine fiat touch up paint that I bought which is like water washed off too! hmmmm. Anyway Bright little car that's pretty nice to drive (y) however the M3 has come out of hibernation for the weekend so will be enjoying that for now :cool:.

Quick clean pics, Thanks for looking and Happy new Year all :)

DSC_0469_zpse4d68de3.jpg

DSC_0477_zps56df7a99.jpg

DSC_0484_zps23ad1146.jpg

i have no experience driving an mpi but 39mpg does sound a bit low for careful driving in a cento although i rarely workout my actual mpg, i tend to just go on how far a full tank will take me as i nearly always just fill right up. My old stock sei sporting (now we're going back sometime lol) would do about 350 miles on 1 tank if not driven fast - i will not say driven economically as i just don't drive that way ever :eek: What that translates as into mpg i'm not sure.

i have no experience driving an mpi but 39mpg does sound a bit low for careful driving in a cento although i rarely workout my actual mpg, i tend to just go on how far a full tank will take me as i nearly always just fill right up. My old stock sei sporting (now we're going back sometime lol) would do about 350 miles on 1 tank if not driven fast - i will not say driven economically as i just don't drive that way ever :eek: What that translates as into mpg i'm not sure.

Crumbs, well my fuel light comes on at around 250 miles and I left it till it hit 285 last time before I filled it up :confused:, It does seam to have a VERY close and low ratio Box in the sporting which does not seam to help when doind 60 on A roads etc, can do under 30mph in 5th no problem so as I say seams very low geared.

Maybe it would benifit from a good service as no idea when it was done last, will change all the oil + filters, plugs and leads (as they look past their best) and see if that improves it (y)

pretty sure, but don't quote me on it, that the abarth and schumy has slightly shorter final drive so they were not slower than a normal sporting (which has smaller wheels) which mine was. I did alot of motorway miles back then though so prob had a higher average mpg than normal.

A good service is never a bad thing, specially if you don't know when last on was - don't neglect your cooling system though, drain, flush, refill and bleed. I do at least once a year on my cento's. And depending on how many miles its done you may want to drain and refill gearbox oil, that maybe a bit overkill if its not a high miler.

220miles is about all I get in my 1242cc 16v..... But I have an SX gearbox and 165x40x16's.... Lol

I had my Sei 1.1s gearbox changed to a sporting and I definately noticed the difference in gearchanges and ratios thingys, I think I use more fuel too but like Blu I just drive it I dont monitor it and the way I drive I dont expect fuel economy. The gearbox does seem a little faster low end than my old one but not as smoth top end. Top end, silly term for a Sei lol

Rev Counter fixed!

Well fixed the rev counter at last!, bought one from e-bay for £10.........plugged it in and BINGO it works (y)

Much better resut than having to go through all the wiring etc so pretty pleased with that.

Next up I may look into fixing the knocking from the N/S rear! not really that bad, sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt! so may just live with it as i'm hardly using the car these days, not filled the tank up since December and not even done 1000 miles in it yet! since I got it :D

Mileage when I bought it in Oct 2012 47796

Current mileage.......48601

Last edited:
Well looks like my journey with the little Seicento has nearly come to an end! :( as I've decided to sell it.

I finally got the transfer at work which I've being asking for nearly 3 years since I bought my new house so now I'm only 1.1 miles from work so now I'm using FOOT power!! so the fiat only gets used once a week if that to pop to the shop etc!. I'm also thinking about getting another Motorbike so the money will help towards that.

Will be sorry to see it go as it's such a lovely little car but hey........Just posted an ad in the classified section on hear so please feel free to take a look.

(y)

Back