Cinquecento Bishy's Seicento Sporting Schumacher Journal

Currently reading:
Cinquecento Bishy's Seicento Sporting Schumacher Journal

OK.......alternator done today! what an EPIC pain in the ass! but hey got there in the end (y).

Was easy getting it out, but getting it back in and the bolt by the engine mount took me hours!!.

In the end I loosened it all up, lined up the bolt by the mount, held it in place with a HUGE screwdriver and then hit it with a hammer! :D, seamed to then give it purchase enougth to then do it up!, which was another painful slow task as could only turn it a very tiny amount at a time.

But all done, all works...............next job tomorow, fit the new petrol tank, might need new rear brake after driving it around my carpark not great!, fog light bulb + poss front pads too for the m.o.t but everything else works, appart from the rev couner??

If it wasnt for this god damn bolt it would be a REALLY easy job! :bang:
DSC_0358_zpscc22f322.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, Looks really smart. Well done getting your hands dirty (y)

Cheers buddy :)

Got 2 weeks leave so taking my time over it and doing one bit at at a time, no rush, no pressure and going well so far (y)

Once i've done all the oily bits I can then move onto tidying up the the paintwork and vaxing the interior etc.

Fuel Tank out today!!...............wasnt to bad, all the bolts was pretty stiff but been soaking them in WD40 for a couple of days prior to doing it. Only real problems I had was dropping the exhaust and getting it off the hangers but a bit of WD40 sorted that out! DOH.

The next one was the bloody stupid clips holding a couple of the fuel hoses on! my god why the hell didnt fiat uses proper jubilee clips??!:bang: total pain in the ass having to snap them to get them off!, but again got there in the end (y). Found a couple of jubilee clips in my tool box that should do the job when refitting the tank.

Anyhoo here's the offending tank!..............after removing the fuel pump etc I filled it with water, and to say it leaks would be an understatement!!!:eek:

DSC_0375_zpsab97fefc.jpg

Oh and i'm REALLY impressed with the fiat build quality.....erm not!, how about this for sound proofing behind the trim panels? Bags of FOAM?! puts my BMW to shame! :rolleyes: lol

DSC_0377_zps3a2c77df.jpg

DSC_0378_zps6400a15f.jpg

Fitted an exhaust trim the other day, the 3rd one I tried which finaly fitted!!!, the end of the exhaust had dropped off so it should help for the mot!. Just hope that dropping the exhaust to get the tank out hasnt damaged it as it's seen better days TBO but did not blow! so fingers crossed (y)

DSC_0388_zpsfc0db5da.jpg

New tank fitted today, all ok no leaks etc. Only downside is that as I feared the exhaust did not survive being dropped!, it's now leaking from the join from the cat back!, now I either replace the system or try a repair with a metal sleave and a new exhaust clamp?!

Managed to adjust the handbrake whilst I was under the car, car drives pretty well, smooth and quiet, changes gear well etc etc so it's looking good for the M.o.t, still need to fit the new rear dampers which are going to be bloody hard work by the looks of it! and now fix or replace the exhaust.

But note that the godamn bolt recieveth a blessed 8mm allen key into it's welcoming bussom. Yea, verily, cento-lover, I tell yea.........

Mate I couldnt get that in.....I tried but I failed! lol

tell a lie I used the 8mm thingy to get it to bite then wound it in the rest of the way with a slim bike spanner!.....a bloody ramp and a decent set of tool would be ideal ;-)

M.o.t

M.O.T done..........failed one one thing a CV gaitor which I'm pretty chuffed with if i'm honest. Only thing that needs sorting now is the knocking from the N/S rear which I believe is the rear trailing arm bushes oh and fix the rev counter that dose not work!. Oh and Vax the seats + carpets and fit some car mats.

Other than that the car drives really well, SLOW! (but then my other car does over over 6 X the power!) was looking for an extra gear when driving at 60! as it sounds like it's reving it's tits off with no rev counter to show me and the ride feels vey hard?? so will drop the tyre pressures to see if that helps as I think that I put them at the higher recommended 35psi, but over all it drives nicely so will hopefully be a cheap little runner for me (y)

Nice looking car and I think you have washed it more than I have mine and I have owned mine 10 years lol. I think you will find it a joy to drive, very different to your BM. I both like and dislike Shumac as he is an arrogant poo, yet somehow funny and charitable. As for BMW I am not a fan but this is more to do with some of the people that drive them I feel. Same with the Mercedes. Its almost as if cars get taken over by cultures or religions in some places or chavvs. But them I am partial to a MG but cant buy one for the chavvy culture following these now. I will stick with my little Fiat, much better class of people associated with them ;)

why do you not have a rev counter??? it should have one.

pressure wise i run 32psi front and 30-31psi on rear on my turbo sei, find any lower and it loses its crisp turn in and any higher and its really understeer-y.

Thanks will try that (y)....it has a rev counter but it's not working

Nice looking car and I think you have washed it more than I have mine and I have owned mine 10 years lol. I think you will find it a joy to drive, very different to your BM. I both like and dislike Shumac as he is an arrogant poo, yet somehow funny and charitable. As for BMW I am not a fan but this is more to do with some of the people that drive them I feel. Same with the Mercedes. Its almost as if cars get taken over by cultures or religions in some places or chavvs. But them I am partial to a MG but cant buy one for the chavvy culture following these now. I will stick with my little Fiat, much better class of people associated with them ;)

I'm very anal about cleaning my cars! think that i've washed the fiat 3 or 4 times.....t-cut and polished it etc, cleaned the engine bay, all the door shuts etc etc and cleaned all the inside bar the seats and carpets (waiting to borrow a vax!) and all that before i'd even driven it and got it on the road! only drove it for the first time yesterday :D

Back