Technical Bigger engine in a selecta

Currently reading:
Technical Bigger engine in a selecta

If a larger engine was to be put in a selecta.

would you need a bigger engined car selecta ecu?

I know when you fit the 1242 engine you need there ecu, is it the same if you fit a 1242 into a selecta, would you need a selecta ecu from a punto or the like?

OR, are the selcta ecu's mappable to cope with the different paramaters the 1242 might require. if they were i guess youd be limited to using SPI only.

thoughts?

The 999cc and 1108cc Selecta's use different gearbox ECU's.

According to the tech data I have (as per PM ;)), the two ECU's could be swapped if need'be, but would result in power loss on acceleration if you put the 999cc ecu with 1108cc engined Selecta. To do with the torque curve or something and the rev's the engine sits at during kickdown/hard acceleration.

Not sure if the box would cope with a bigger engine. Might take a 1242 8V.

You thinking of a project Craig?

I'm not sure if they done the mk1 Punto Selecta from day one. If so, might be a simple swap box and engine along with ecu's (y)

maybe

thinking of the 1242 8v MPI but that has different ecu to SPI

if punto selectas only had SPI then buggered. only wnat selcta as fed up of panda gearboxes and how crap they are.

So you thinking of convirting your Panda or buying a Selecta :confused:

Why you buggared if Punto Selecta's only came in SPi?

no buying a selecta

If punto selctas were only SPI engines i wouldnt be able to run an MPI engine with the punto ECU.

Might have a read of Leweys development thread because he started with a selecta and converted to a maual.

if i think thats the option it will be power and not looks primarily

As I understand it, they do work together but don't need to be compatable. All to do with wiring.

Only reason they're connected is so Gearbox ECU takes things like rpm etc from engine ECU (y)

Engine ECU from Selecta should work if put into a Manual, and I'd assume the same in reverse, as long as gearbox ECU is connected to recieve needed info from engine ECU for optimum operation of the gearbox.

Whats this one in the classifieds?

If you fit 1242 8V MPI you must use the same ECU, SPI ECU with MPI engine won't work :(
I'm not sure what Selecta gearbox needs from Selecta ECU...as far I as I checked it's only ONE pin from ECU is going to Selecta box (there is different "ecu")
There is diagram (see pin 26)...only problem if 1242 MPI ECU has got that pin active?
I think somebody from that forum has got Selecta with bigger engine...

Attachments

• ECU-pins-diagram.jpg
    ECU-pins-diagram.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
lewey I thought that you've got Selecta gearbox and Punto engine:bang:

I've seen that video and I thought....that can't be ECVT:0... :)

However it could be interested to try:)

Back