Big Probs With Fiat

Currently reading:
Big Probs With Fiat

Alan36

Hia everyone.I was not sure where to start this new thread,as i am new to the forum.So i do appologise if i am writing in the wrong section.

I am presently driving a fiat which is having big problems.The car is only around 3 years old and not many miles on the clock.

If i explain the problem.When driving the car it just completely cuts out.The management light appears telling me there is a problem with the erg,hope that is right lol.
This has been changed.But still the car is causing problems.The RAC told me it mabe the fuel pump that had a blockage.But this has been changed and a new one fitted.

I am several friends have tried various things.But still the same problem.The car will start up.But 2 mins down the road it cuts out and nothing.

I am lost with idea's as is anyone i have asked.The car has even gone through a dianostic test (sorry for spelling).Each time telling me that it is the erg.But as a new one has been fitted.I do not know.

Please does anyone have any idea's at what the problem maybe.Because i am at a complete lost.

I look forward to hearing from anyone.
Thankyou.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are forums for the various models and these have a technical section, I imagine if you post what car this is one of the mods will move it for you. I think some desiels have a recirc valve so not even sure which fuel you are on. This could be dirt in the fuel tank, changing the filter may be worth a try, there is also a complicated fume recovery system on petrol cars and that could have a fault.

Change the TDC sensor m8 ASAP, it will cure the problem.
Let me guess starts from cold perfect, gets warm cuts out, cools down then able to start again. gets warm cuts out and so on and so on. ITS THE TDC SENSOR :)

Hi,

I have the exact same problem on my Fiat Bravo 1.6.

I have looked in the Haynes manual but I am not able to find the TDC that you refer to. Could someone please post a picture showing the part on the engine?
I am about to go mad over this crappy Fiat :( Drives me insane!

Should it be replaced with a brand new or can it be cleaned?

If all your posts are just as those above no wonder you have posted so many ;)
Adding just as much value to this forum as my 4 posts :p

Still no answer helping me locate the TDC. Don't know exactly what I am looking for - and it does not make it easier I do not know what it is called in Danish.
Will really appreciate a picture from a Bravo showing this piece...

Still no answer helping me locate the TDC. Don't know exactly what I am looking for - and it does not make it easier I do not know what it is called in Danish.

many of the regular users do not post anything of use, but that doesn't mean we're all useless :D

the TDC sensor is also called the crankshaft position sensor (CPS). it is located between the engine and gearbox, on the back side of the engine. if you imagine where the flywheel is on the end of the engine, the CPS reads the flywheel, so obviously it needs to be positioned very close to the flywheel. the easiest way to find it is from below the engine. it is easy enough to replace but you must make sure it is positioned correctly when refitting.

an info sheet for the CPS on the 1.6 bravo is attached including a description of how to position the sensor, hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1.6cps.JPG
    1.6cps.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.6cpsgap.JPG
    1.6cpsgap.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

You need to tell us the model of car, the year and the engine. We can't do a lot without knowing what they are.

Back