Beware of the dog?

Currently reading:
Beware of the dog?

OK now does this sound f*cking stupid or what;

If I put a sign up on my premesis saying beware of the dog and a theif breaks in and gets bit (obviously!) then................I get done for having a dangerous dog or a dog that is known to bite and chances are dog gets put down!

If however I have a sign saying dog on premesis then thats ok and if he bites a thief (obviously!) then all I have to say is that its out of character for the dog to bite anyone even an intruder:rolleyes:

So if anyone has a sign saying beware,caution or a picture of a dog snarling or baring its teeth then you better let your insurance company know as your insurance can technically be invalid.

ok try this one.

german-shepherd-dog.jpg

OK now does this sound f*cking stupid or what;

If I put a sign up on my premesis saying beware of the dog and a theif breaks in and gets bit (obviously!) then................I get done for having a dangerous dog or a dog that is known to bite and chances are dog gets put down!

If however I have a sign saying dog on premesis then thats ok and if he bites a thief (obviously!) then all I have to say is that its out of character for the dog to bite anyone even an intruder:rolleyes:

So if anyone has a sign saying beware,caution or a picture of a dog snarling or baring its teeth then you better let your insurance company know as your insurance can technically be invalid.
I don't think your sigdogs are going to bite anyone....well, maybe dave, but noone else :devil:

Didn't the Tories recently say you should be allowed to kill violent burglars. Article from the Sun:
Existing laws allow people to use "reasonable" force to defend their home - but Mr Grayling wants homeowners to be protected unless they use "grossly disproportionate" violence.
So IMO dog can bite whoever it wants, as long as its not too harsh.
But I don't get what is had to do with invalidating insurance.

:ROFLMAO:

So IMO dog can bite whoever it wants, as long as its not too harsh.
But I don't get what is had to do with invalidating insurance.

Well I assume it would affect your dog insurance (3rd party cover)? Probably get sued for a few hundred thou by robber so they would use as a get out of paying in the event of a claim. Similar to having not working airbags or ABS etc in car insurance terms?

The sign won't relieve you of the responsibilitys of if your dog injures someone, you could still be sued. Though how would having a sign prevent insurance paying out?

If you're referring though to dangerous dogs act etc, then i don't think it counts here, as it's not a public area and not unprovoked, unless your dog actually kills them lol.

where did you find out about the insurance being invalidated?

So if you put up a sign saying "beware of the dog", you're effectively admitting that the dog is dangerous and it could be argued that you shouldn't have the dog in the first place.

Yes, T - it sound epically f*cking stupid. Sometimes you have to wonder if some laws are there as a joke.

I think you need to get to any burglars before your dog does, and beat them to death with a big stick - using reasonable force of course.

As has already been mentioned, I think, there is a presumption to be made that if you put a sign outside your house warning of the danger from a dog, then if it bites a burglar who breaks into your house at 3am, it's your fault because you must have been aware that the dog may bite in the first place otherwise you wouldn't have put a sign up.

I think perhaps the answer is to not put up a sign, but personally inform the scumbags that you have lying on your lounge floor trussed up like a turkey that you are going to put them in the boot of your car and in a couple of hours drop them off a bridge into a nearby river.

You can also inform them that as you haven't put up a sign warning burglars of the possibility they may be placed in a river to drown that you are immune from prosecution.

people who havent even got a dog put up a sign warning of the danger from a dog though

I wonder if a burglar could sue those people if they spend lots of money on dog handler training and biteproof clothing - but turns out they don't actually need it as the house they are burgling only had the sign and not a dog :confused:

Back