Best way to insure alloy wheels?

Currently reading:
Best way to insure alloy wheels?

I have always insured through Endsleigh. They used to be for students and academics only, but now I think it is for everyone. They have branches across the country so you can speak to a real person about your specific needs.

You would think that sort of personal service would be expensive, but they have consistently been the cheapest for me in the past 5 years. And modifications are no problem whatsoever. One year, it was actually CHEAPER to have my alloys rather than not have them. Go figure!

The only rational explanation I could come to is that the locking wheel nuts prevented anyone from stealing not only the wheels, but brake and suspension components too.

I have always insured through Endsleigh. They used to be for students and academics only, but now I think it is for everyone. They have branches across the country so you can speak to a real person about your specific needs.

No they don't, they shut them down around May/June last year! All of them. Now only over the phone / net, as I found out when I went to go to the Norwich branch in September :(

Josh Bowe at the end of the day,did you change insurance or what,and much did it end up costing you and with what company did you go with.:devil:

I haven't sorted it out yet, but it'll definitely be sorted by the end of the month.

I have a friend who is insured on his own policy (with no years no claims) with Quinn Direct fully comp with alloy wheels declared for £1800 a year. I'm getting quoted over £3000 for fully comp insurance with alloy wheels declared and his car has a bigger engine than me 1.2 8V Punto (he's got a 1.2 16V Corsa SXI) - and I was wondering, if I pay for my insurance first, drive with Quinn Direct for a while then put my alloys and declare them; will my premium still rocket to £3000 or just end up going up by around £200 like his did?

Sorry if that made no sence!

You could always try asking them after a few weeks of the policy how much extra they would want to put alloy wheels onto the policy, sometimes it's cheaper that way :)
I think I'm gonna try that. I'll put both my parents down as named drivers and hopefully my insurance won't be so much! I'll let you know how it goes! (y)

I think I'm gonna try that. I'll put both my parents down as named drivers and hopefully my insurance won't be so much! I'll let you know how it goes! (y)

Add one at a time, rather than together and mix and match them on quotes. Dad brought it down, but adding mum with dad, or mum on her own put it up! (y)

Jon.

Back