Best way to insure alloy wheels?

Currently reading:
Best way to insure alloy wheels?

Josh Bowe

Hey,

At the moment I'm insured by Direct Line for just over £1,200 a year fully comp, however I want to put alloy wheels on my car but Direct Line won't allow any modifications for drivers under 25. So I've been scouting around for insurers and found that Quinn Direct would insure me for just over £2,000 on Third Party Fire & Theft insurance with alloy wheels and lowered declared.

I was wondering if insuring my car on Third Party T&F is a bad idea? I've had a lot of people warn me off it but I'm getting quoted ridiculous quotes of like £3,500 for a modified Punto on fully comp!

hi Josh Bowe,try elephant or tesco there doing good deals for over 21s at moment,
and did car come with alloys [if so just put fiat centre caps on,and tell them a standard alloys],
as for springs,tell them you fitted newr spings [uprated] due to a spring recall,or just declare as cant see any probs....

and dont go third party as not worth it.

hope this has helped you and good luck.

Last edited:
have you tried adrian flux? i got a quote for when im 18 at £1150 which is the cheapest ive been quoted, and that includes alloys, i had a play with the quote and it cost around £40 each mod something like that?

sam:)

hi again, the only thing with adrian flux is you have to give them a milage for a years running and cant go over it[ or can double in price]......

cheers and hope ive helped you and fellow FF members some help.

have a good day/night

hi Josh Bowe,try elephant or tesco there doing good deals for over 21s at moment,
and did car come with alloys [if so just put fiat centre caps on,and tell them a standard alloys],
as for springs,tell them you fitted newr spings [uprated] due to a spring recall,or just declare as cant see any probs....

and dont go third party as not worth it.

hope this has helped you and good luck.
The problem with this is that in the end, it's still lying to the insurer. Nothing guarentees that if I'm in a crash that my insurance would be voided.

Third Party T&F sucks, have no alloys an stay fully comp
Thought as much. :(

have you tried adrian flux? i got a quote for when im 18 at £1150 which is the cheapest ive been quoted, and that includes alloys, i had a play with the quote and it cost around £40 each mod something like that?

sam:)
Mind giving me a clue as to how you managed that? I'd love to get quoted that! Are you on your own policy?

Adrian Flux quoted me £3,500 or something along those lines!

hi again, the only thing with adrian flux is you have to give them a milage for a years running and cant go over it[ or can double in price]......
How would they know though?

hi again, they ask you what milage you do a year when signing up,happened with a mate and the nxt year asked him to send new mot in and [then near doubled the price ,instead of lowering with years no claims]...(y)

hi again, they ask you what milage you do a year when signing up,happened with a mate and the nxt year asked him to send new mot in and [then near doubled the price ,instead of lowering with years no claims]...(y)
Well, I checked with Adrian Flux and I wouldn't say they're that cheap - especially not on fully comp.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is wrong with Third Party T&F insurance? Like, what's so bad about it?

hi again Josh Bowe, it wasnt me that said try adrain flux ,,,:confused:

I said [ hi Josh Bowe,try elephant or tesco there doing good deals for over 21s at moment, ]......

cheers and have a good day.:confused:

hi again Josh Bowe, it wasnt me that said try adrain flux ,,,:confused:

I said [ hi Josh Bowe,try elephant or tesco there doing good deals for over 21s at moment, ]......

cheers and have a good day.:confused:
I know, but you were talking about in the post that I was quoting! I was just saying that I'm probably going to avoid them anyway because of the cost and the mileage thing that you mentioned. Poor wording on my part! (y)

And I'm under 21, so will Elephant or Tesco still insure me with mods? For some reason I can't get onto the Elephant website to check!

Well, I checked with Adrian Flux and I wouldn't say they're that cheap - especially not on fully comp.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is wrong with Third Party T&F insurance? Like, what's so bad about it?

What's wrong with TPFT?

Your car isn't covered in your policy if you crash it for starters, another point is you don't earn NCB with it either (or at least I've never heard of anyone earning extra NCB with TPFT!)

You can get NCB with 3rd party fire and theft insurance i was tpft when i had an old car and got NCB but if your car is worth over 600 get fully comp.

well there you go 20 years experience with cars and i didn't know this:confused:,i now know why entered the FF forum [YOUR NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN].(y)

Back