IMG_2152.PNG

Grande Punto Bens grande - 'SMOG'.

Introduction

SMOG. (Page 9 is where things get interesting)

Smog...
day i got her:

IMG_2152.PNG

year later:

smog.jpg

mods so far:

-De-Punto
-Rear window tint (removed side windows and left boot tint)
-Chrome grill trim (removed)
-Dotz Mugello 17x8 Alloys
-Red fiat badges
-AUX input to stock headunit
-Chrome indicator bulbs in headlights
-bright white bulbs
-chrome mirror caps (i switch my mirror caps between my 3 sets weekly :p)
-debadged grill (removed)
-FK AK STREET coilovers
-de-wiper
-tinted side repeaters
-tinted rear lights
-carbon fibre dash
-headlights tinted (removed, looked naff. waste of £50)
-Linea Grill
-Red LED footwell lights
-more new bulbs

to do:

-more dishy alloys!
-Debadge rear
-black drums, red calipers
-smoothed bumper
-ICE install
-abarth heads (had some for a week but they were the wrong fitment so sold them to my mate giving me the money to get the coils)
-GSR
-powerflow exhaust​

-Ben​
I recently switched insurance companies Cus mine was up for renewal... left it all to my dad and he told the new insurance group about current mods and wanted to know what it added to the premium and because it is a special firm for young drivers any styling modifications add no extra to my premium. Aslong as they are told there happy! :) still 3200 a year tho!!

Yeah I've been looking around but you literally cant get any euro style alloys with a 4 stud fitment! All bbs seem to be 5stud and so are most of the others! I know you can get the fitment redrilled but I don't know if this is a huge hassle and don't know how much it would cost?

Will just have to keep looking!
But still. Give me ideas people :)

im going to sell my RH's if you want them? there 8j with STRETCH and dish ..fully euro ;)
Theres quite a few nice euro wheels out there mate, just got to take the time to look!.. and if ur willing to slam ur car on 16's then there's loadsss!

whaaaa!? why you selling your RH's? what you got in mind now :p
but yeah i might actually be interested matey! how much you looking for? and when would you sell?
i was thinking about going on 16s but then it means really slamming the car and i dont want loads of problems :/

£3200!!!! Friggin 'Ekk!
Im only paying £1800 on a 1.2 8v Active GP with no NCB and 1 years driving!

But my insurance company allow styling mods at no cost and performance mods (alloys, induction kits and what not) at a small price.

Tom

I pay £1400 now as my renewal came through :) was £2100.
And my RH's are ready to go now £640 buh! . And im thinking either.. New car or Porsche wheels, or some 9.5j somethings lol

But my insurance company allow styling mods at no cost and performance mods (alloys, induction kits and what not) at a small price.

Hey Tom, What insurance Company you with if u dont mind sharing.
thanks (y)

Ben, how and what did you use on the front bumper around the grille, that chrome thing :bang: .. that looks amazing any chance u can give use a step by step? :devil:

Just read through this whole thing, i'm 17 aswell. Got a 2010 1.4 8v , Angelina :D Haven't done anything to it yet as my sister still owns half of it and she's not so keen but hopefully itll be mine or ill get my own in the not too distant future! Windows is the biggest priority but like LED rear lights too. Probably keep the headlights but different bulbs, and really wanted alloys but wallets not thick enough atm for them let alone insurance increase!
Love what you've done, great to see the gradual changes aswell, looking proper good now (y)

muhahaaaa im guna keep you waiting a few more weeks im afraid. want to get everything else done that i have been planning ;) coils are on! not really had chance to drive round and let them bed in yet cus of the weather but still looking yummy none the less! :)

ahh good man, just take even a quick phone camera pic of the lows :p

glad theres another member with coilies! i bedded mine in quicker by putting paving slabs in the boat, me jumping on the top of the engine bay frame bit, and two mates rocking it from the doors lmao :p

Hey Tom, What insurance Company you with if u dont mind sharing.
thanks (y).....

:yeahthat: Tom! ;)

Im currently with Elephant/Admiral with 1 extra car (my dads 2.0 TCDI Ford Cmax) on the multicar policy, but even without the other car on it (no named drivers) it was Close enough £2k.

Try confused.com for quotes and give 1st Cover insurance a ring, absolutey S**t customer service reviews but they quoted me £1200!!!! worth a shot?

Hope that helps
Tom

muhahaaaa im guna keep you waiting a few more weeks im afraid. want to get everything else done that i have been planning ;) coils are on! not really had chance to drive round and let them bed in yet cus of the weather but still looking yummy none the less! :)

HurryTFU!!!! ;)
Looking forward to seeing whats been going on ;)

Sorry for the double post
Tom

howdy all.

Nice wheels mate.

im with elephant and i modded my renault megane with them. they where quite reasonable but they charge you 32 quid admin charge everytime you make a change. so if you do change try to do all the mods at the same time.

i pick my grande punto 1.9 multijet up in an hour an cant wait. not sure if its going to stay standard or not yet though. i think i read soemwere that 215 bhp is possible which sounds very healthy ha ha.

insurance is still 1200 quid for me though with 3 years no claims which i dont fully understand.

anyway this is my first post and i decided to do it on your thread. be honoured my punto friend ;-)

Okay.
i think i mares well tell everyone everything thats gone on since you last seen my car.
-debadged grill
-tinted front lights (lamin x)
-tinted side repeaters
-partially tinted rear lights (not guna lie copied tjetoates hope you dont mind mate looked so good had to do it) ;)
-De-wiper
-Coilovers
-Carbon fiber wrapped my dash thing
annnnnd probz some other minor stuff...i forget lmao!

annnnnnnnd to annoy you even more i dont have any pics as of yet as my iphone is broken and being repaired so i have a phone without a camera -_- and waiting for my dad to get back off a holiday so i can rob his camera and get some nice snaps.
he's back next tuesday so pics wont be long after that ;)

one picture i do have is a picture taken off my friends ****ty phone (so excuse the quality) of the lows!
heights been ajusted slightly now cus this was a little too low for me and living in a town full of speedbumps it was just making me sad everytime my car scraped! :( :p

CallumsPhone_-_IMG_103.jpg

i know the mods sound subtle but id say the cars transformed since the last propper picture you saw!

o forgot to add! i was mainly waiting out and not telling you because a big thing i was hoping to get done was new alloys. a friend had offered me his bbs rs reps which i was in love with test fitted them and they looked amazing but then someone offered him big cash for them and he took that rather than the £250 he was guna take from me!

so now im saving up to buy some brand new alloys im torn between some BBS RS reps or some XXR 527 Concave alloys in black chrome!

ive seen people saying that serious bodywork might have to be done to fit the XXR's for some reason think its cus there so wide. can anyone confirm if i would have to or not?

Normally someone posts a list of updates and I'll say "Looks good", but I can't see anything because there are no pics :p So I'll say sounds good, and I look forward to seeing it.

What are the width of the XXRs? I had a look online but found different sizes.

Back