IMG_2152.PNG

Grande Punto Bens grande - 'SMOG'.

Introduction

SMOG. (Page 9 is where things get interesting)

Smog...
day i got her:

IMG_2152.PNG

year later:

smog.jpg

mods so far:

-De-Punto
-Rear window tint (removed side windows and left boot tint)
-Chrome grill trim (removed)
-Dotz Mugello 17x8 Alloys
-Red fiat badges
-AUX input to stock headunit
-Chrome indicator bulbs in headlights
-bright white bulbs
-chrome mirror caps (i switch my mirror caps between my 3 sets weekly :p)
-debadged grill (removed)
-FK AK STREET coilovers
-de-wiper
-tinted side repeaters
-tinted rear lights
-carbon fibre dash
-headlights tinted (removed, looked naff. waste of £50)
-Linea Grill
-Red LED footwell lights
-more new bulbs

to do:

-more dishy alloys!
-Debadge rear
-black drums, red calipers
-smoothed bumper
-ICE install
-abarth heads (had some for a week but they were the wrong fitment so sold them to my mate giving me the money to get the coils)
-GSR
-powerflow exhaust​

-Ben​
Re: Bens grande - 'SMOG'

haha thanks. alot of people have been saying im lucky haha. been working my ass off in my part time job to get the money haha. i bought the car and my parents agreed to pay the insurance :p
just ordered a chrome trim which goes round the two front grilles think im deffo guna go for the black and chrome theme :p get some black alloys with a polished lip as soon as i get the money :)

Hi, Nice looking car you have, where abouts did you get your Chrome Trim's for the grille's?

Kris

Thanks mate. I got the trim off the Italian ebay site. I'll have to go through all my emails to try and find what I searched. I'll post a link when I can find it mate :)

Can't find a link mate :/ it's on eBay somewhere! :)

Need some help. Only just decided to spray my grills gloss black. Would you reccomend priming - painting - and laqeuring? Or however you spell it. Or would you just Spray it straight over the current paint?

had a play on photoshop with good old smoggy haha. what do you think? opinions?
Lowered-refurbished alloys black with chrome lip-chrome mirror caps-all round tints

smog-lookin-fineeee.jpg

Fitted new indicator bulbs, headlight bulbs, and sidelight bulbs :) no more fried egg ;) was a right pisz take never changed any car bulbs before and with no help off the internet and 2HOURS! later. i was done haha.
IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

Not a good pic but there bright white bulbs so no boring yellow either :)

and finally a nice shot just before i did the bulbs.

IMG_3011-jghjhjhhj.jpg

Thanks mate :) yeah needs lowering :/ just making my mind up on wether I want it lowered first then a new exhaust later on or vise versa. Think I'll lower first tho?

What do you mean tilt shift haha? No idea what that is. I just blurred out the background and messed with the lighting. Something I learnt at college makes almost any picture look high quality and have nice vibrant colours :)

Thanks mate :) yeah needs lowering :/ just making my mind up on wether I want it lowered first then a new exhaust later on or vise versa. Think I'll lower first tho?

What do you mean tilt shift haha? No idea what that is. I just blurred out the background and messed with the lighting. Something I learnt at college makes almost any picture look high quality and have nice vibrant colours :)

Yeah lower first!

Tilt-shift is a photography method that sort of blurs the edges, so that's what it reminded me of. Looks decent though, I'd love to be able to know how to do that

I really like it mate, alloys look really good!.. And to answer previous questions, British standard Charles wright font pressed plates are fully legal!..and de-wipering, if you haven't done it yet I'll run you through the steps whenever mate. Looking very nice otherwise..just need some lows :)

Give me a few weeks ;) getting coils fitted this weekend. I was guna wait til spring but you know how it is... Temptation gets the better of all of us ;) also a few more little things have been done since my last update. Also thinking of refurbing my alloys to either a dark grey or black and chrome until I find myself some better euro style alloys!

Tjetoats any reccomendations on euro style alloys? Want something pretty dishy and not billlllions of pennies!

Give me a few weeks ;) getting coils fitted this weekend. I was guna wait til spring but you know how it is... Temptation gets the better of all of us ;) also a few more little things have been done since my last update. Also thinking of refurbing my alloys to either a dark grey or black and chrome until I find myself some better euro style alloys!

Tjetoats any reccomendations on euro style alloys? Want something pretty dishy and not billlllions of pennies!

:ROFLMAO:
Sorry just made me laugh, Wouldnt mind your wheels for my car ;) like the chromey look to them but im not sure they would go with a red car :/
Have a look round the cleaned uk forums and Vdub forums for wheel ideas, Not many original ideas about anymore.
orr... save up and get some true italien wheels ;) 17" Delta Integrales :devil:

Tom

Whats the insurance like with all the mods mate? :)

insurance varies so much between companies and personal circumstances so the answer wont be relevant. some companies will add hundreds of pounds or refuse to cover mods where as others will cover them at no extra cost, or with a small cost for performance mods

insurance varies so much between companies and personal circumstances so the answer wont be relevant. some companies will add hundreds of pounds or refuse to cover mods where as others will cover them at no extra cost, or with a small cost for performance mods

Need to find myself one that isn't bothered, aha cheers mate! (y)

Back