Technical Belt or chain?

Currently reading:
Technical Belt or chain?

Robincamper1

Hi

I've just upgraded by scudo camper for a mk1 ducato murvi conversion and was going to get the belts changed. Question I have is does it have a chain or a belt?

I just presumed it had a belt but can't seem to find a kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Carl

What engine..?
there were a few options back then for example
Sofim, I'veco, fiat

How early is early.. ?Mine was 1988

Here is the EPER link

Timing is termed distribution 😉
It's a 1992 model, I had a look when viewed and could only see two thin belts one to the alternator and a thin one at the side of the engine.

I just don't want anything to snap and the owner said these have been on some time.

It's a 1992 model, I had a look when viewed and could only see two thin belts one to the alternator and a thin one at the side of the engine.

I just don't want anything to snap and the owner said these have been on some time.

Sounding like a Petrol engine..? 🤔

Does the motor have a plastic cover on the end of the engine..?
(Opposite end to the battery)

No I don't think I seen one but the spare wheel was there. I asked some one and told them about the two thin belts and they mentioned v belts and ard easy to change?

Engine series number and size etc may help, either from log book (V5c) or frame /chassis plate near Vin . No.
I have several Motor trade Technical Data manuals, which may give some detail. It seems the petrol ones were chain up to 2 lire and 1985 and the 2.5 diesel up to 1993 was cam belt. As they say Errors and Omissions accepted.;)

Attachments

• DSCF1384.JPG
    DSCF1384.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
No I don't think I seen one but the spare wheel was there. I asked some one and told them about the two thin belts and they mentioned v belts and ard easy to change?

V belts will drive the Alternator and power steering

A Cambelt will be under a plastic
(or painted metal..) cover

After 5 posts.. You can post a picture of your engine bay layout

Really sorry not been near my phone. No I can't for certain picture the engine bay but thank you for everyone's help. I'll be picking it up Wednesday so I will be able to have a closer inspection.

I just thought it was weird why I try to search for a cambelt kit nothing comes up with the reg

Really sorry not been near my phone. No I can't for certain picture the engine bay but thank you for everyone's help. I'll be picking it up Wednesday so I will be able to have a closer inspection.

I just thought it was weird why I try to search for a cambelt kit nothing comes up with the reg
You might try going online saying "Fiat Ducato specs." then page down until you get to Parkers Guide, go into it, then there should be a section for you to put your reg.no. and if lucky it will give a lot of detail about the vehicle, but not if chain or belt , though it may give enough detail for some one here to work it out, such as petrol or diesel engine cc and exact age etc.
It is surprising how much the Trade can find out these days, also go on Gov.uk and look foe the vehicle section and Mot History, always an eye opener.:)

Back