2013-11-24 15.35.50.jpg

Bravo Belinda the New Bravo T-Jet

Introduction

Hi,

New member to the forum, and after loads of different vehicles I am now so very happy in my new car. It's the first car I've named in the 8 cars I've owned, which is embarrassing but I love her so much.

Belinda most of the time, but then Bella when I'm giving her a spanking and having some fun :p

Anyway, after looking around for a while I settled for a 120 T-JET Active. Which is neither the fastest plus it's bottom of the range. But overall I'm super happy. I ideally wanted either a diesel or at least a Dynamic spec. But looking on the bright side this 120 T-Jet is in a lower insurance group, it's really good on fuel and £4,500 for a car with 16,000 miles was a price I couldn't let someone else have! As far as I'm concerned, it's a near as dammit brand new :p

I'm hoping to do some subtle mods over the coming years but it's going to be a slow process as my time is very limited. Anything recommendations for good mods to these cars?

Anyway, here are some pictures :)

Thanks for reading.
Reactions: The Panda Nut
No errors at all, litterally all you are doing is removing the recirculation in favour of a cone filter. No errors just a silly tishh noise :p

So did you basically replace the Bypass valve with the cone filter? Sorry I can't find the original thread but this does look like a rather interesting mod and I'm trying to get my head around how it works.

So did you basically replace the Bypass valve with the cone filter? Sorry I can't find the original thread but this does look like a rather interesting mod and I'm trying to get my head around how it works.

Not replacing it at all, it works really well as is in my opinion.

All you do is stop it from recirculating back into the turbo, in favour of a cone filter to improve response and of course the sound :)

Not replacing it at all, it works really well as is in my opinion.

All you do is stop it from recirculating back into the turbo, in favour of a cone filter to improve response and of course the sound :)

Ahhh okay, so it's basically a really cheap alternative to getting a Aftermarket Blow Off Valve, that sounds nice and works just as effective? I'm not quite sure how it would help improve responsiveness unless it's less restrictive than the recirculation pipes and allows for more air to be pressurised between the compressor and intake manifold when shifting gears.

Ahhh okay, so it's basically a really cheap alternative to getting a Aftermarket Blow Off Valve, that sounds nice and works just as effective? I'm not quite sure how it would help improve responsiveness unless it's less restrictive than the recirculation pipes and allows for more air to be pressurised between the compressor and intake manifold when shifting gears.

It would be exactly that yes :)

Like I said, it's probably all in my head, but it seems better..

It would be exactly that yes :)

Like I said, it's probably all in my head, but it seems better..

Well I think it would actually be the case because those cone filters are quite constrictive to an extent. I fancy this mod quite a lot actually. Although I must warn you now that the air isn't getting recirculated the Mass Airflow Sensor aka MAF is getting incorrect readings and cause problems. I've read on a couple sites and will quote the problems associated with it. " In the case where a mass airflow sensor
(MAF) is used and is located upstream from
the blowoff valve, the engine control unit
(ECU) will inject excess fuel because the
atmospherically vented air is not subtracted
from the intake charge measurements. The
engine then briefly operates with a fuel-rich
mixture after each valve actuation.
The rich mixing can lead to hesitation or even
stalling of the engine when the throttle is
closed, a situation that worsens with higher
boost pressures. Occasional events of this
type may be only a nuisance, but frequent
events can eventually foul the spark plugs and
destroy the catalytic converter , as the
inefficiently combusted fuel produces soot
(excess carbon) and unburned fuel in the
exhaust flow can produce soot in the
converter and drive the converter beyond its
normal operating temperature range.
An alternative method for utilizing both a MAF
and a blowoff valve is to have the MAF
located down stream between the intercooler
and the throttle plate. This is known as Blow-
through rather than the traditional Draw-
through set up. Care must be taken as to the
position of the MAF to prevent damage to the
sensitive element."

Well I think it would actually be the case because those cone filters are quite constrictive to an extent. I fancy this mod quite a lot actually. Although I must warn you now that the air isn't getting recirculated the Mass Airflow Sensor aka MAF is getting incorrect readings and cause problems. I've read on a couple sites and will quote the problems associated with it. " In the case where a mass airflow sensor
(MAF) is used and is located upstream from
the blowoff valve, the engine control unit
(ECU) will inject excess fuel because the
atmospherically vented air is not subtracted
from the intake charge measurements. The
engine then briefly operates with a fuel-rich
mixture after each valve actuation.
The rich mixing can lead to hesitation or even
stalling of the engine when the throttle is
closed, a situation that worsens with higher
boost pressures. Occasional events of this
type may be only a nuisance, but frequent
events can eventually foul the spark plugs and
destroy the catalytic converter , as the
inefficiently combusted fuel produces soot
(excess carbon) and unburned fuel in the
exhaust flow can produce soot in the
converter and drive the converter beyond its
normal operating temperature range.
An alternative method for utilizing both a MAF
and a blowoff valve is to have the MAF
located down stream between the intercooler
and the throttle plate. This is known as Blow-
through rather than the traditional Draw-
through set up. Care must be taken as to the
position of the MAF to prevent damage to the
sensitive element."
Yeh but it sounds good :p

Luckily for us then these vehicles don't have a MAF? :p

They run off a MAP sensor in the intake manifold. I tried looking for the MAF last week and after not finding one, I googled it and sure enough these engines do not have a MAF sensor.

Unless of course, my car is missing mine. In which case I wouldn't be clocking 40+ MPG.

Honestly, I can't see how that mod would have any adverse affect :)

Luckily for us then these vehicles don't have a MAF? :p

They run off a MAP sensor in the intake manifold. I tried looking for the MAF last week and after not finding one, I googled it and sure enough these engines do not have a MAF sensor.

Unless of course, my car is missing mine. In which case I wouldn't be clocking 40+ MPG.

Honestly, I can't see how that mod would have any adverse affect :)

That is honestly like the best news ever, I'm so totally gonna do this mod :) (y) :slayer:

Hi i like this mod too ,is there kit to buy or did u make some or buy seperate parts ,thanks ?

Hi ive found the filter £5.50 but cant find the pipes ,any links ,so i can get the right stuff and some info on how to do it once the stuffs here , im not to good at this stuff , thanks ,apreciate it

Yeah thanks very much ,did u just take off the rubber hose and put the filter at the top hole and block off the bottom ,or is there something else , sorry dont mean to be a pest

So u think this would work to block off bottom piece

Attachments

• 1402337292400.jpg
    1402337292400.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 33
Hi after ordering the stuff it came last week ,but didnt fit right so i ordered same but different sizes and its fair to say now its done ,i love it the noise it makes is awsome ,although my wife doesnt like it as i seem to be driving around now with windows down and stereo off so i can listen to it lol but thanks for your help ,much appreciated?

Hi after ordering the stuff it came last week ,but didnt fit right so i ordered same but different sizes and its fair to say now its done ,i love it the noise it makes is awsome ,although my wife doesnt like it as i seem to be driving around now with windows down and stereo off so i can listen to it lol but thanks for your help ,much appreciated?

I'm glad you like it mate :)

Any1 had steering wheel problems with the bravo sports the leather seems to be thin any ideas how to fix ????

Back