2013-11-24 15.35.50.jpg

Bravo Belinda the New Bravo T-Jet

Introduction

Hi,

New member to the forum, and after loads of different vehicles I am now so very happy in my new car. It's the first car I've named in the 8 cars I've owned, which is embarrassing but I love her so much.

Belinda most of the time, but then Bella when I'm giving her a spanking and having some fun :p

Anyway, after looking around for a while I settled for a 120 T-JET Active. Which is neither the fastest plus it's bottom of the range. But overall I'm super happy. I ideally wanted either a diesel or at least a Dynamic spec. But looking on the bright side this 120 T-Jet is in a lower insurance group, it's really good on fuel and £4,500 for a car with 16,000 miles was a price I couldn't let someone else have! As far as I'm concerned, it's a near as dammit brand new :p

I'm hoping to do some subtle mods over the coming years but it's going to be a slow process as my time is very limited. Anything recommendations for good mods to these cars?

Anyway, here are some pictures :)

Thanks for reading.
Reactions: The Panda Nut
I'm also wondering whether or not to get the side skirts and roof spoiler... it's a tricky one.

Where can I get the chrome strips from? I've looked on eBay and some google sites but only those generic "stick on" strips you can which I'm sure will just fall off after time..

You car will look so nice with anthracite wheels on it! It will go really well with your colour of car :)

I'm also wondering whether or not to get the side skirts and roof spoiler... it's a tricky one.

Where can I get the chrome strips from? I've looked on eBay and some google sites but only those generic "stick on" strips you can which I'm sure will just fall off after time..

You car will look so nice with anthracite wheels on it! It will go really well with your colour of car :)

I can recommend this. I had them both added to mine (not cheap though) and it looks awesome.

Latest Update :)

So, with a remap coming up soon, I decided I'm going to try and get the best out of it by getting a cat-back exhaust sorted.

Rang Longlife, promptly booked in the same week and got it sorted out!

Results are fantastic. Longlife Birmingham did me a great service, got to choose pipe diameter, backbox, tip style and so on. The lads there were more than friendly and one of the lads working there had a wife with a Bravo 150 Sport in which he had fitted a sports exhaust to. He remembered I was coming and drove her car in so I could have a listen to the set-up that was on her car.

It looks, in my opinion, very high quality, professionally installed and all branded with the Longlife logos :) lifetime guarantee on the parts, which can be passed onto the next owner if they choose to get it assessed at any Longlife centre in the UK.

Power, if there is any I can't tell the difference so far. Currently I am running a cat-back exhaust with a VL38 turbo on a 120T map so I am not taking full advantage until it's all mapped in. The noise is almost undetectable within the cabin, but outside there is a nice burble on tick over and it rumbles when I give it some but it's not loud at all which I like :)

I also gave the car a ruddy good clean, pics to follow!

Attachments

• 2014-05-31 12.25.52.jpg
    2014-05-31 12.25.52.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • 2014-05-31 12.25.37.jpg
    2014-05-31 12.25.37.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
  • 2014-06-01 17.05.03.jpg
    2014-06-01 17.05.03.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
  • 2014-06-01 17.05.15.jpg
    2014-06-01 17.05.15.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 97
  • 2014-06-01 17.05.47.jpg
    2014-06-01 17.05.47.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
The wheels look really good, they are very similar to mine but mine are only 17's :( I have got that stick on chrome you say you are worried about falling off, so far it's been on for around 7 months and is still holding strong!

Last edited:
Just got them off a guy on eBay who had two sets... all in the correct sizes, stud spacing, centre bore and so on..

They fit like a dream and they were all brand new in box!

Sweet! They are never listed as rims for bravo but if they fit I might look into it. Only thing that worries me is I've read the steering rack is different for bravos with the 18 inch wheels, and mine is made for 16?

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=338657 my Bravo T-Jet build :)

Latest Update :)

So, with a remap coming up soon, I decided I'm going to try and get the best out of it by getting a cat-back exhaust sorted.

Rang Longlife, promptly booked in the same week and got it sorted out!

Results are fantastic. Longlife Birmingham did me a great service, got to choose pipe diameter, backbox, tip style and so on. The lads there were more than friendly and one of the lads working there had a wife with a Bravo 150 Sport in which he had fitted a sports exhaust to. He remembered I was coming and drove her car in so I could have a listen to the set-up that was on her car.

It looks, in my opinion, very high quality, professionally installed and all branded with the Longlife logos :) lifetime guarantee on the parts, which can be passed onto the next owner if they choose to get it assessed at any Longlife centre in the UK.

Power, if there is any I can't tell the difference so far. Currently I am running a cat-back exhaust with a VL38 turbo on a 120T map so I am not taking full advantage until it's all mapped in. The noise is almost undetectable within the cabin, but outside there is a nice burble on tick over and it rumbles when I give it some but it's not loud at all which I like :)

I also gave the car a ruddy good clean, pics to follow!

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your exhaust system ?

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your exhaust system ?

The exhaust cost £329... so it's pretty damn expensive in my opinion.

But when you consider that an off the shelf setup such as Ragazzon costs £359... then you have to fit it or pay to have it fitted, then it's not so bad. Plus, I set it up exactly how I wanted it, bore, sound, tips and so on... not to mention the lifetime warranty :)

It was a lot of money, but overall I'm pleased.

Another quick update, but maybe one of my favourites so far!

Basically, I've done the "Abarth 500 BOV Mod" or 1.4 T-Jet Blow off valve mod.

The short of it is, instead of having the turbo pressure recirculated, it goes out of a small cone filter and makes a "tiisssshh" sound. Cheesy I know but it brings my childish side out. Idea being it should be more responsive and thus far it seems (it could be the placebo effect) to pick up a lot better in between gear changes.

Here's a video;

The good thing is, when driving along normally you can't hear it over the radio. But if you give it some, over 3,500 RPM, then it gives off a much louder "tishh"

Pictures below; I fitted on the right side first, didn't like it and installed on the left where it sits much smarter in my opinion.

Cost of mod: All in £17 and about 30 mins work.

This mod won't be to everyone's taste, so be kind :)

Attachments

• 2014-06-06 18.18.22.jpg
    2014-06-06 18.18.22.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 2014-06-06 18.18.32.jpg
    2014-06-06 18.18.32.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 2014-06-06 18.35.58.jpg
    2014-06-06 18.35.58.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
Another quick update, but maybe one of my favourites so far!

Basically, I've done the "Abarth 500 BOV Mod" or 1.4 T-Jet Blow off valve mod.

The short of it is, instead of having the turbo pressure recirculated, it goes out of a small cone filter and makes a "tiisssshh" sound. Cheesy I know but it brings my childish side out. Idea being it should be more responsive and thus far it seems (it could be the placebo effect) to pick up a lot better in between gear changes.

Here's a video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1VMKhMgEME

The good thing is, when driving along normally you can't hear it over the radio. But if you give it some, over 3,500 RPM, then it gives off a much louder "tishh"

Pictures below; I fitted on the right side first, didn't like it and installed on the left where it sits much smarter in my opinion.

Cost of mod: All in £17 and about 30 mins work.

This mod won't be to everyone's taste, so be kind :)
I love it! Do you get any dash errors?

Back