Bass!!

Currently reading:
Bass!!

carlos1981

For £80 you can really do better. JBL are a good manufacturer, however with only an 8" sub you're not going to get a massive sound, especially with just 100w on offer.

It says on the link that it is the low-end of the market. Tyr shopping aorund and you could get a much better sounding sub/amp combo that you won't be disappointed with.

I personally have a FLI Trap 12" Active with 300wRMS and IMO it sounds the nuts, it's not streetbass level and it won't wow the crowds at cruises, but for listening to all types of music, it is great value for money. I've heard of people picking them up for around £80 on ebay, I got one for £90 inc shipping. They also do a 10" version, with 250wRMS, which takes up less space.

I also have half a boot in which to put shopping, so I'm happy...:)

hope that helps, and that you are still awake after the essay:eek:

nice offer, but it was the passive one, i'm looking for the active one for now.

Will keep looking for the active pricing.

beau, vibe make the FLI trap series along with FLI.

Problem solved!!

Good mate of mine selling his trap active for cheap as he got a better one for his Birthday.

Cheers anyway,

Carl

carlos1981 said:
beau, vibe make the FLI trap series along with FLI.

yeah however FLI is the budget version. The VIBE CBR10 Active has a blackair sub with a nice amp in a ported box, although the box isn't carpet covered...

VIBE CBR10

ea_1_b.JPG

FLI TRAP Active 10

0c_1_sbol.JPG

cheers cinqy,

Just remebered what i read was: " FLI Have teamed up with Vibe to make the FLI Trap series..."

Just finished installing it last nite. In comparison to what i had before it is great!! and i know this is only a budget option!

Anyone know how i hide the cables?? I took the bit by the front door off, and hid the front ends of the cables under the carpet, but we can still see the cables by the rear seats.

Punto mk1 BTW...

carlos1981 said:
Just finished installing it last nite. In comparison to what i had before it is great!! and i know this is only a budget option!

Anyone know how i hide the cables?? I took the bit by the front door off, and hid the front ends of the cables under the carpet, but we can still see the cables by the rear seats.

Punto mk1 BTW...

Glad it sounds better (y)

There's not any removalable trim by the rear seats that you could run the cables under?

I think so, but not got the right tools for it. Will dig around and find one over te weekend as i'm doing the passenger door lock..

tbh your headunit's got a very low voltage preout so you cant expect much bass even with a big amp and sub package, and even then the bass wont be as tight or as accurate as it should be. as always, you'd be better off getting the best possible headunit to start off with, even fairly crap drivers can bounce happily if a strong preout signal is sent to the amp. best way is to have a high voltage low pass filtered signal from the headunit, then any amp and sub will perform much better than it could on your headunit. your money is best spent on a headunit, then all your speakers will sound much better and you'll have more control over the output you send to each speaker. you want something with high pass filters for your speakers and a low pass for the preout for the amp. its the most effective way to get volume and quality without spending much money.

jug said:
tbh your headunit's got a very low voltage preout so you cant expect much bass even with a big amp and sub package, and even then the bass wont be as tight or as accurate as it should be. as always, you'd be better off getting the best possible headunit to start off with, even fairly crap drivers can bounce happily if a strong preout signal is sent to the amp. best way is to have a high voltage low pass filtered signal from the headunit, then any amp and sub will perform much better than it could on your headunit. your money is best spent on a headunit, then all your speakers will sound much better and you'll have more control over the output you send to each speaker. you want something with high pass filters for your speakers and a low pass for the preout for the amp. its the most effective way to get volume and quality without spending much money.

It'll be perfectly OK :)

jug said:

TBH for what i want it does sound ok, the rest of the speakers aren't that good, but i got it on a 50/50 split front/back and for what i want it sounds good. When i go over 18-20 volume (out of 50) all 4 speakers distort!so i think the fronts need upgrading now, but i can only get 8cms, and i cant put GT pods in coz i have a mk1 punto s - No leccy windows :rolleyes:

If the headunit is worth replacing, i may do later, as i have always got rid of my okd ones, as i have about 10 mates driving who are still without cd/mp3's.

Can you reccomend any good Headunits for the future? Budget wont be a problem but under £150 if possible. It wouldnt get done for a while (4-6 months) as its ok now.

Cheers for the advice, exactly why i post on these forums.

Back