General Barchetta Parts and cars for sale/auction

Currently reading:
General Barchetta Parts and cars for sale/auction

Parts Wanted

Hi!

This might not be the best place to post this, so please feel free to redirect.
A friend has a poorly Barchetta that has been in a minor RTA resulting in a write off.
However, damage is really only to the front offside wing and bonnet, so am thinking of taking it off his hands with a view to getting it back on the road.

So, can some king soul direct me to somewhere I can get these parts? Preferably cheaply, ie from a car being scrapped/broken, or even poss from Italy/Europe?
Thanks,

Richard

Re: Parts Wanted

Hi!

This might not be the best place to post this, so please feel free to redirect.
A friend has a poorly Barchetta that has been in a minor RTA resulting in a write off.
However, damage is really only to the front offside wing and bonnet, so am thinking of taking it off his hands with a view to getting it back on the road.

So, can some king soul direct me to somewhere I can get these parts? Preferably cheaply, ie from a car being scrapped/broken, or even poss from Italy/Europe?
Thanks,

Richard

Hi Rich, there are a few places you can get b bit from, there is a scrappy advertising from time to time on eBay UK who claim to have 3 and a chap called Peter Bridgefoot has a couple. Your best bet for used parts is Europe but specifically Germany.

Let us know what is damaged and between us we may be able to give you an idea of effort and cost to put things right. ROBOT is quite experienced in this as he smashes his b up quite regularly and has it re-built!! :D

Let us know what is damaged and between us we may be able to give you an idea of effort and cost to put things right. ROBOT is quite experienced in this as he smashes his b up quite regularly and has it re-built!! :D

Oi! :eek::tosser:

I've only smashed it up once, and it "only" cost me about £5000 :bang:

Well, the first time was not my fault - it was the f*ckin' Beemer. It was just a small bump, anyway... The insurance did though fund my debadging, lowering springs and exhaust (y)

See - you can hardly tell :) And I got £1800 for it :cool:

Attachments

• CIMG2741.JPG
    CIMG2741.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 18

Hi Rich, there are a few places you can get b bit from, there is a scrappy advertising from time to time on eBay UK who claim to have 3 and a chap called Peter Bridgefoot has a couple. Your best bet for used parts is Europe but specifically Germany.

Well, heres a sorry picture - reckon it adds up to a nearside wing, bumper and bonnet. Anyone scrapping a B thats been squashed from behind? (yeah, right!)

Attachments

• BashedBarch.jpg
    BashedBarch.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 31
Heres another question to be going on with...

As you can see from the number plates, this is a german car, 1997 or 1998 vintage. If I was to decide to repair it and get it back on the road, what else would I need to do to be able to import it - ie, would I need new headlights? or would it be ok to stick black tape over the reqd parts?
Would I need to do anything with the rear lights?

I have read this page: www dot fiatbarchetta dot com/forsale/import dot html
which was quite helpful, but wold appreciate any guidance you can give.

Cheers,
Richard

Heres another question to be going on with...

As you can see from the number plates, this is a german car, 1997 or 1998 vintage. If I was to decide to repair it and get it back on the road, what else would I need to do to be able to import it - ie, would I need new headlights? or would it be ok to stick black tape over the reqd parts?
Would I need to do anything with the rear lights?

I have read this page: www dot fiatbarchetta dot com/forsale/import dot html
which was quite helpful, but wold appreciate any guidance you can give.

Cheers,
Richard

If you are going to import on a perm basis you will need to have the lights swapped, a bit of black tape will not do it!! There is a guide on here somewhere, its not too difficult to do. As for the rear lights you will need to swap the fog and reversing light over.

As the car is more than 2 years old it would also need an MOT which would pick up any other 'must do's' - off the top of my head I would say its only the lights that will need to be addresses...........

Yeah, but you're :nutter:

I did have to change the track rod and have the front resprayed...:shrug:

You really must take a bit more care of your b ROBOT!!

Not sure if you can still get them new, if you can I bet my last penny that FIAT will charge you a small fortune for them.

I have seen a few second hand units selling on eBay for circa £100 each but there is no need to replace the entire units. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty do a search on here for headlight conversions, all you need to do is move the lenses around a bit - if you don't fancy doing it yourself DTR will do it for a charge..... ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Haha! Yes, I've already seen the potential...

I have managed to source a drivers side wing and bonnet from barchettaparts.com, so its looking like the front bumper is what I need.

Thanks for your help so far.

Rich

Back