Technical Bad stone chips to rear sills on stilo mw

Currently reading:
Technical Bad stone chips to rear sills on stilo mw

dalemultiwagon

i own a couple of stilo multiwagons and have noticed that they are chiping quite badly at the bottom of rear sills near rear doors, on both sides!! seen the same fault on another stilo mw yesterday which had rusted quite badly.
is there mod you can do to stop this?? would mud flaps help??

Attachments

• stilo sill.jpg
    stilo sill.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 70
This brings a thought to mind when I recently had my cars body kit fitted and the front of the car resprayed I was told by Gary the owner that fiats original paint finish is crap and has very little resistance against chipping he could be right cos the front of my car was a mass of stone chips and i got caught behind a gritter shortly after getting my car back and dreading the worst looked at it and :) not a chip in sight so his finish is obviously better than fiats :)

That looks pretty bad actually :eek:

I'd go with custards suggestion and go for the clear plastic protection.
If your anywhere near Milton Keynes I know a place that do a good job with that stuff. They were on the tele doing it a couple of weeks back :)

I had that problem with my MW, FIAT tried shirking out of it, at first stating it was stone chips, thus my fault, then when they repaired it, it happened again within 2 weeks, got to the bottom of it, i was told by a FIAT rep, its a design fault that causes that area to be bombarded, Mudflaps!, no help had the mon since new, and they never prevented it. Eventually got the areas resprayed, and they are okay now, it would seem Fiats paint quality is a little suspect when introduced to anything harder than a marshmallow. My advice! Get them touched up, but dont uses Fiat paint get it professionally mixed, Fiat will probably use an outside agent anyway for this, so you should be safe, fingers crossed and good luck.
Rob

thanks for your advice. think im gona get them painted at the local body shop! and maybe try some clear film??

Back