General Bad Earth!!

Currently reading:
General Bad Earth!!

skiprat1974

Hi all,

Battery wont charge - replaced battery 3 weks ago, still wont charge - bought and just replaced new alternator and belt - still not charging! When I jump start the car to get it started (as battery now reads approx 8v and wont start on its own) I checked the voltage going into the battery and it fluctuates between 6-10v rapidly. Suspect bad earth as when I put the headlight switch on the rev counter drops to zero and then soon is followed by cut out. Ive checked and cleaned all 4 earthing points under the bonnet, but read in the Haynes manual that there are another 2. These are rear left and right back panel? Whereabouts please?
Regards,

damn! already done that one. All 4 in engine bay done - need to know where the 2 at the back of the car are. Haynes says left and right hand back panels? - whereabouts?

I have just checked the charge from new alternator and is charging at max 5v so its back to square one and order yet another one! Damn I love dropping that engine :)

No battery light coming on the the dash! should it of been coming on? - as alternator only seems to be able to through out 5v.

Back