General B too slow/noisy

Currently reading:
General B too slow/noisy

This is more like it. My dearly departed Lancia Kappa Coupe 20v turbo..... Refined and rather rapid.:)

Attachments

• kappa 06 001.jpg
    kappa 06 001.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 16
You could always get a Fiat Coupe 20vt if you are the masochistic type..! Decent ones are getting a bit thin on the ground now.

Anyone know anyone who might be interested in a Rover 800 Sterling Coupe in Burgundy?!! ISTTR is selling one. R reg, all the toys, only 36,000 on the clock . . . and sitting on the drive along with the Audi A4 that we've also not managed to sell yet (if anyone might be interested in that??) - it's turning into the Taylor-Hughes car lot round here . . .

Last edited:
well, if i would still be living in the UK, i migh have gone for the Sterling,

i always loved the Honda legend coupe, and i think the Rover doors went quite well with them :)

Anyone know anyone who might be interested in a Rover 800 Sterling Coupe in Burgundy?!! ISTTR is selling one. R reg, all the toys, only 36,000 on the clock . . . and sitting on the drive along with the Audi A4 that we've also not managed to sell yet (if anyone might be interested in that??) - it's turning into the Taylor-Hughes car lot round here . . .
I may be as I am changing jobs and losing my company car. Can you email me photos and a price.
watty

[email protected]

:eek: they don't look like sh*te :eek::eek:

Tis lovely :hug::cool::slayer: tis also f**king long and f**king wide, too long and too wide to fit in the bleedin garage, but sadly is no longer here.......
View attachment 38886 View attachment 38887

and see how good a 7 series can look if one of the fanatics from detailingworld has a go at it with sponge and bucket (and polish and toothbrush and elbow grease and... time)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53802

THAT is a shine :eek:

Had a go today in a TVR Griffith 500. B* Hell! 5L and 0-60 in <5 seconds with a top end of 180mph? Simple lunacy on the road in it if your foot slipped on takeoff. This one didn't have ABS or any form of traction control either.

TVR's are one of my all time favourite cars, I came very close to buying a 280i and an S a few years back - wish that I had now!!

I know what you mean about fast, a couple of moments after these photo's were taken (in a Tuscan speed 6) I took it for a blast (without my son in the car!!). I managed 0-80-0mph in a matter of seconds between a set of speed humps about 300 yds apart!! - performance can only be described as blistering!! - oh, and how cool is that number plate??

Attachments

• joshtvr7.jpg
    joshtvr7.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 14
  • joshtvr4.jpg
    joshtvr4.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Uber tank! No offence, but dont you think BM styling dates badly? I would have an Audi A8 if I wanted such a beastie. In fact, I would have a Lancia Thesis but thats another story..........

No offence taken :)

It is nearly 20 yrs old so think it dated well and always looked pretty sporty.

I love the look of Italian cars, always have done and no BMW will ever look as good as an alfa. But for a long distance sporty cruiser it was just incredible...which alfa/lancia couldn't match.

TVR's are one of my all time favourite cars, I came very close to buying a 280i and an S a few years back - wish that I had now!!

I know what you mean about fast, a couple of moments after these photo's were taken (in a Tuscan speed 6) I took it for a blast (without my son in the car!!). I managed 0-80-0mph in a matter of seconds between a set of speed humps about 300 yds apart!! - performance can only be described as blistering!! - oh, and how cool is that number plate??

Morning LRB, good to have you back!
Where did you see that car? I'm sure I've seen it on campus here in Nottingham. Saw the car first then noticed the number plate. That must have been about a month ago. I only remember the ufo bit but surely there can't be 2 in that colour with that number?
xS

'evening Xs, good to be back - although I must admit I did enjoy wandering along the beach in Lyme Regis last week..............

The car used to belong to a friend of a friend about 4 years ago, he was a programme manager for a bank in London and the car was his weekend toy! I have lost contact with the guy now but I would not be surprised if it was the same car - it is quite distinctive!

Back