General B too slow/noisy

Currently reading:
General B too slow/noisy

Rustbucket

Established member
Unfortunately its time for me and LBB to part company.

B is great fun but too slow...if it had 200Hp now :yum:

Not into major engine surgery to fit a turbo as I like my cars fairly standard... Guy down the road has a 02 Honda S2000 for sale, (at 3 times the value of the B):cry:

If anybody in Ireland is interested in a 00 blue B with leather and aircon, 32k miles around the €10k mark?

Last edited:
Don't do it :D
Any ideas what you would change to? 2ltr 20v turbo coupe hint hint
Sounds like a mint car, good luck with it, fancy a swapping leather seats for cloth ;)

Mark

Nice car the S2000, likes to be revved from all accounts.

Good luck with the sale!

I loved my barchetta but after two and a half years of fun I decided to get rid of it for the same reasons, I wanted something faster and more refined. I ended up trading it for a 2001 Alfa GTV V6 lusso (it is in the members cars section on here) that had done 80k miles and cost me 6 grand. The Alfa is far quicker (as quick in terms of accelertion as a Honda S2000), more refined with far more grip but not as light on its feet as the barchetta. I am very happy with it, it still has that Italian style and charecter.
If you still want a convertable a V6 spider would be nice but they are more expensive and do not handle as well as the GTV.

Last edited:
If you are dead set on getting rid of the b I would hold out a couple of months for the better weather - better chance of selling a conv (although the opposite will be the case when buying....)

I love the S2000, its a car that loves to be driven hard and revv's like a loony, only thing is its not very forgiving and will try to kill you if you don't pay attention. A friend of mine recently sold his and bought a 330i conv - loves it!

I don't plan on getting rid of the b, as I paid so little for it I am planning on keeping it (even if I get another job with a co car etc)

Ideally I would like a S2000 or a Porker for a daily drive and the b as a hobby - sound familiar Doc??

YEP (y) The problem with things like S2000's is you cant get your hands dirty playing with them at the weekends. Thats whats so great about having a B. I also have an Audi TT 225 thats just so fast (y) but its just not a fun weekend toy kind of thing.

Last edited:
The B was designed as a fun basic roadster and that's what it is. It has no dilusions of trying to be anything else. My new panda was only a couple of grand less than the last of the B's which were £11,000 new. Incredible value for money with looks to die for.

Yep it won't out run a ferrari, but it will put many others with larger engines to shame in both performance and handling.

Good luck with the S2000.

yeah the s2000 is a great my mate owned one until one rainy day.......

Still at least he had the good sense to send me a picture before the police arrived. Mark up one point for the Bs front wheel drive (y)

Attachments

• 15062007009-small.jpg
    15062007009-small.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 23
More to driving than power and speed. Thats where the B scores for me. You can have great fun in at sensible speeds. Other more powerful cars only come alive at stupid speeds and 95% of people can't handle them anyway. I had a Fiat Coupe 20vt - pointless. Ok, fun for outdragging most things, but a B is far more fun. Each to their own however. Enjoy the S2000, it always gets rave reviews.

Funny enough there was an S2000 stacked in the central reservation of the A329 in Bracknell on Friday just as the car came off a roundabout.

I would love an S2000 (really love rwd cars) but have to agree with lanciaman, you don't need to scream around the countryside with your hair on fire to enjoy the b (although the odd enthusiastic blat can put an even bigger smile on your face!!)

No problem ditching a front wheel drive car either :wave:
yeah so I see :) . My mate decided it was a good idea to take a corner at 60 in 3rd gear, spun the car 3 times , hit the kerb and bounced across the road. in total the skid marks lasted 150 yards before it went in the ditch. The quote for the repair was £15000 (n). Needless to say it was written off . The good news is he went all sensible and bought a nissan 350z :bang:

Last edited:
A friend of mine used to have an S2000 which she loved, has just traded it in for a Merc SLK though . . . nice if you can afford it :D have to say it was always on my list of possibles if I ever got rich enough!

S2000.jpg

Since you're talking about other cars than the B here are a few pics of the B's big brother :yum::yum::worship::worship::yum::yum:

Attachments

• large1.jpg
    large1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 24
  • large2.jpg
    large2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 21
  • large3.jpg
    large3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 23
Back