Technical Automatic Punto chnaging modes issue

Currently reading:
Technical Automatic Punto chnaging modes issue

section33

Hey all,

First post here. Had this car for a year, Auto Punto mk2. Only had one owner before me, never failed MOT or anything. In the past couple months I've had a little recurring issue crop up. I kept hearing this occasional bleep and today noticed what it is. On my heads up the mode flick briefly between D and R.

I had this issue actually happen once in a larger way when I was stopped at some lights, the open boot light came on and the mode changed itself to reverse. But never happened again.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause or hopefully a fix. It passed it's MOT and Service fine, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

Are you aware that the automatic gearbox oil needs to be replaced every 40 000 km?
It is also adviceable to check the oil level every week or 400 km.

Ok not too clued up on how to do that? I'll def do it if I can find out how

It's a Sporting. I'm pretty new to all this only been driving a year.

Hey all,

First post here. Had this car for a year, Auto Punto mk2. Only had one owner before me, never failed MOT or anything. In the past couple months I've had a little recurring issue crop up. I kept hearing this occasional bleep and today noticed what it is. On my heads up the mode flick briefly between D and R.

I had this issue actually happen once in a larger way when I was stopped at some lights, the open boot light came on and the mode changed itself to reverse. But never happened again.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause or hopefully a fix. It passed it's MOT and Service fine, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

I can not help you much but firstly what kind of car do you have?

If you have a selespeed there are not individual separate gears. Instead there is a just the experience of one continuously changing gear - a very unusual gearbox. Usually an automatic gearbox does have individual gears. This automatic gearbox unusually has an internal clutch with friction material which is inside and mixing with the same gearbox oil as the internal mechanics - fairly weird.

The other fiat gearbox electronically changes the individual gears but uses an ordinary manual gearbox and ordinary clutch with a robot addition. Again that is a very unusual gearbox.

So basically almost nobody outside of the fiat world understands these gearboxes.

Secondly you talked about your 'heads up' and yet you are talking about a 2001 car.

I believe OP is referring to their dashboard display.

Correct I was.

So happened again today. As I was driving the display kept flicking between D and R and the boot warning light came on.

Now the car was driving fine just was flickering for maybe 10 seconds. It would beep the reverse sound each time it flickered. No issue with it changing gear on me, it really seems to be a purely display issue.

Back