Posted by Stu DemonD
Brooklands
Saturday, May 1, 2010 - 01:00 AM
Until: Saturday, May 1, 2010 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

the last maserati in that album was following me home for a bit, it looked evil in my mirrors.

heres my best video, its the supercharged ferrari 430 doing the hill run hitting the rev limiter near the top:
[ame="http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/ae64/tjhpunto/Auto%20Italia%20Booklands%20May%2010/?action=view&current=Ferrari430TestHill2.flv"]Auto Italia Booklands May 10 :: Ferrari430TestHill2.flv video by tjhpunto - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Is my two videos - sorry they are not upto YJH's quality

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFD-5NKX07Y"]YouTube- Kev's hill climb at Brooklands[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ClKlpOdv0"]YouTube- The hill climb at Brooklands during AutoItalia[/nomedia]

And here's my pics

http://s512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/udtrev/01052010 autoItalia/

Trev

See col giving it some, car looks and sounds good fella :) it raised a few eyebrows from the abarth stand guys next to me watching the hill climb :cool:

Haha I bet :D

Was great to see the usuals plus all the new faces (to me anyway hehe). Don't think I saw you 1.8Stilo? Sorry if I actually spoke to you! :eek:

Quite lucky with the weather - absolutely poured down like a tropical rainstorm on the way home!

Pulled the vid from the roadhawk cam :slayer::

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2LmU3lZeSM"]YouTube- AutoItalia 2010 Grande Punto Hill Run[/nomedia]

Haha I bet :D

Was great to see the usuals plus all the new faces (to me anyway hehe). Don't think I saw you 1.8Stilo? Sorry if I actually spoke to you! :eek:

Quite lucky with the weather - absolutely poured down like a tropical rainstorm on the way home!

Pulled the vid from the roadhawk cam :slayer::

YouTube- AutoItalia 2010 Grande Punto Hill Run

Great video (y)

was nice to meet everybody, was my first FF event and certainly not my last!

shame my car was acting up ll day.
for anyone that is interested, it overheated again on the way home, so i wired in the cooling fan to be on constantly as a temporary fix, and it seemed to work ok, got me home alright ;)

once again, was nice to meet everybody, put faces to names etc :)

cheers guys, ROLL ON STANFORD!

Was a great day - thanks for all the hard work organising it people (y)

Was excellent running up the hill, its better driving on flatter roads though :)

I didnt realise we went in the wrong entrance? It was great to enter there I think.

thanks

jeremy

Last edited:
Had a great day, despite getting dad and I getting lost and sunburnt (dunno how I'm gonna explain that at work).

Sorry I didn't chat with you guys more, I'll try to be more sociable the next show I'll attend (probably Gaydon).

Best of all, I got my photo taken with Vicki Butler-Henderson: She is an absolute star.

Your comments about Tesco and the "convoy" have been noted, and are being dealt with :)

Everyone tends to meet at Tesco first, just as a port of call. Having members turn up as and when makes it a lot harder to organise on site.

I back Stu on his comments; to have as many FF vehicles and members, pre-paid of course, use Tesco as a port of call was logistically sensible, just looking at the roads leading into the museum via the main entrance certainly complicated things. That would have been a hell of a situation to manage and to separate club afflicated vehicles and non-club vehicles. The queue inside the ground was a nightmare to say the least!

Nonetheless I've had a great time. It was my first Brooklands Auto Italia and it won't be my last.

Many thanks to Stu and his band for organising this event.

Glad to hear you all had a good day, I'm disappointed I missed it but couldn't get the night off work and Panda 1 was nowhere near ready mainly due to the fact it's got no sills at the moment. I'm deffinately going to make more effort to get to the next big event!

Thanks to everyone who helped organise this one, my Family and I had a very enjoyable day. A couple of lessons learned, maybe, but it would have been a hell of a lot worse without your efforts. (y)

My first time at this event, but not my last. It was great to be able to show my Son and Daughter (25/27) some of the beautiful older cars that inspire me, where else could I show them an Iso Grifo, Lambourghini Miura, Fiat 128 3P, Alfa Giulietta coupe, classic Abarth 500 etc, all in the same day!

I'm not so happy with the H.R. Owen rep. who let my Daughter sit in, start, and rev a new 612 Scaglietti, just 6000 of the 9000rpm available was enough for her to be corrupted by power for life :p. The drive home in her newly prepped Panda 750 Mania just wasn't the same :(.

Also, very nice to meet up with some of you guys. Particular thanks to Pandasport and M E P for all thier help and advice, and Purple haze for my new door pocket. :worship:

I was really fighting the sleep for the last 50 miles home, 5 hours in the last 3 days trying to finish three cars for this is not :cool: at all, but just had 14 hours straight so feeling much more human now.

So, where can I go next?

As i said great day...the organisation seemed good to me. Said "Hi" and a quick chat to some members then the morning went with the hill run and the afternoon went looking around the whole site..not enough time..whole weekends are good for more chit chat...Lost alot of time sorting the Maserati..:eek:..:bang:...:eek:

Back