Audio Upgrade - Grande Punto

Currently reading:
Audio Upgrade - Grande Punto

Put them on the back seat.

yeah duno yet mate, i picked the car up today and got chatting to the sales bloke .. he sed they do a specially made sub box that slots in perfectly in the side of the boot where there are them inbuilt parts. probs do that as it wont take up so much room then.

cheers for the help though

8" subs will offer just midbass, 10" are more punchy, 12" are the best compromise between stuff, 15" are crap if you listen to quick hard hitting bass.

You can't be so generalistic. There's a lot more to it than cone size - the box design can have a significant effect on the sound too.

yeah duno yet mate, i picked the car up today and got chatting to the sales bloke .. he sed they do a specially made sub box that slots in perfectly in the side of the boot where there are them inbuilt parts. probs do that as it wont take up so much room then.

cheers for the help though

Thats just the standard fiat sub and you will need to check if you have the connector there for it.

I can. It wasnt going into depth it was just an overview of what tends to be the difference between different size subs.

Perhaps you ought to listen to an install with an 8" sub in it.

Look i know box size is important but he wanted to know what the general difference was between subs and i told him. Yes it wasnt 100% accurate but it has given him an idea of what sort of bass he can expect from different sized subs. Obviously it varies incredibly between different subs and different brands but if i attempted to give him an in depth description and be totally accurate about everything i would be here for ages and it would most likely not make sense to him.

Thats just the standard fiat sub and you will need to check if you have the connector there for it.

Yeah of course of got all the connectors for adding amps,subs and so on...becuase it is the upgraded Blaupunkt head unit.

Anyway Im just gona concerntrate on upgrading the speakers I already have in the car as the bass and sound quality is very good.

So now i need to search for a good set of upgrade speaker components, pair of 165mm and a pair of 130mm components, then ill get two tweeter upgrade components and take it from there.

Any advice for Upgrading the speaker components ?

thanks for the help

You looked in the boot to check the conector is there? Just because you have an upgraded headunit it doesnt mean you will have the connector. You say the bass and sound quality are very good and then you say you want to upgrade them :confused: This is contradicting yourself because surely if they are good then they wont need upgrading?

You buy the woofer and tweeters as one with a crossover that splits the signals properly.

You looked in the boot to check the conector is there? Just because you have an upgraded headunit it doesnt mean you will have the connector. You say the bass and sound quality are very good and then you say you want to upgrade them :confused: This is contradicting yourself because surely if they are good then they wont need upgrading?

You buy the woofer and tweeters as one with a crossover that splits the signals properly.

Yeah i know but it gives me stuff to do whilst im learning. Plus standard speakers aint usually the most "durable" and would probably blow after a litlle while, especially when u play them pretty loud regularly. But the sound and the headunit is a lot better than i imagined, plus it saves having to buy a new one (that wouldnt be as good).

Aint gona bother with the sub at the minute, when it gets nearer the time ill have another think but i doubt i will end up getting one.

Im going to Upgrade speaker components and porbably get an amplifier, then ill be cool.

cheers (y)

You will need a headunit with pre outs if you are going to amp componants. A standard one wont have these and you would have to buy a shiit aftermarket headunit for it to be worse than a standard fiat unit.

Changing the componants is an arse ache because they are riveted onto the door so you need to drill those out and then get your new ones in. Rears are worse because you practically have to take out all the rear to get to them.

You will need a headunit with pre outs if you are going to amp componants. A standard one wont have these and you would have to buy a shiit aftermarket headunit for it to be worse than a standard fiat unit.

Changing the componants is an arse ache because they are riveted onto the door so you need to drill those out and then get your new ones in. Rears are worse because you practically have to take out all the rear to get to them.

Yeah ive got the Blaupunkt Headunit and it has the pre-outs i think so dat aint a problem.

But you have jus put me right off it all now lol. probably just have to go and get them fitted professionally then (More Money (n)).

Am i right in thinking the speakers i need are 16.5 cm diameter ones for the front and 13cm for the rear ?

Yeah i think so. I dont see it having pre outs no standard headunits do. The only thing yours has is DAB so i dont see why it is more likely to have pre outs. Only way you can check is to pull it out and look on the back of it.

Yeah i think so. I dont see it having pre outs no standard headunits do. The only thing yours has is DAB so i dont see why it is more likely to have pre outs. Only way you can check is to pull it out and look on the back of it.

Yeah i know it has it says in the manual and i just know...btw you do realise it is a whole upgraded headunit..Blaupunkt Nashville DAB47 ??

Anyway, If I knew how to take the bloody thing out I would because ive been trying to figure out how to for 2 days now and still cant do it, need to connect an aux-in cable into the back ??
"help"

Does anybody know the best way to fix a sub box and amp in place in the boot? is the only way to screw it down somehow or is there a special way? Ive just ordered this jbl pack as i was on a small budget (£129 on caraudiodirect) and a mate said jbl are the way to go. but my main issue is fixing it all down in the back?!?

Back