Audio Upgrade - Grande Punto

Currently reading:
Audio Upgrade - Grande Punto

Dunno, only moves a bit if im properly chucking it round bends but it still takes quite a bit to make it move

Lucky for some i take it you dont have a false floor then. I have no chance of mine doing that my new box with sub weighs around 40kg now i really dont fancy having that nocking around the boot.

another question is what is the best way to run th cables, ive found a thread for a brava but not sure if its the same?! they said that running the power and cables to head unit in opposite sides of the car, is this right?
but main thing is how to get the power cable from battery all the way to the boot??
cheers

Power cable down the passenger side i put remote wire down there aswell then RCA's down the drivers side. Getting through is easy the grommit is huge just put a slit in it with a knife and push the wire through. It will come out up behind the dash and if you look up/ shove your hand up you should find it no problem.

k, sounds ok!
ive had a look from the boot end and couldnt see where the end of the sil comes out?! or is there a way of getting the cable through the sils under the door, is the only way to cut a hole in the end to get the cable out?
the sub and amp package is coming tomorrow so am trying to work out what to do.
cheers again

right! ive spent the whole afternoon trying to run the power cable from the battery past the firewall with no result!!!! i found the a large rubber thing which was holding a large clump of cables on the passenger side and taking them through the firewall, i found this both sides but it was tight around these cables. is there any other place, preferably easier, to get a power cable past. or is there a good method? other than what i tried was running smaller stiffer cable through but didnt work!!!! ideas please and just any help........
cheers

try the pioneer, fits under drivers seat, frees up boot space, and it works very well. i have one fitted under the drivers seat in my 100 hp. recommended.

Attachments

• tswx11a_1_large.jpg
    tswx11a_1_large.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 32
right! ive spent the whole afternoon trying to run the power cable from the battery past the firewall with no result!!!! i found the a large rubber thing which was holding a large clump of cables on the passenger side and taking them through the firewall, i found this both sides but it was tight around these cables. is there any other place, preferably easier, to get a power cable past. or is there a good method? other than what i tried was running smaller stiffer cable through but didnt work!!!! ideas please and just any help........
cheers

What you on about its massive. You could fit a small child through it. Feel free to drill through the firewall as thats the only other way of getting it through.

How exactly are you trying to get it through the grommit?

ok, all cables are in right places, just need a little help with connecting the remote cable? on standard head unit. where to connect it to and best way how, cheers again

Im sure that there is a way in the GP its a matter of finding out which space it is there was a diagram ill try fing it, but in the other thread :rolleyes:

Back