General Arb

Currently reading:
General Arb

They actually do different jobs. The ARB effectively puts a torsion spring between the wishbones on opposite wheels, thus limiting roll, while the strut brace "just" stops the suspension arms moving about relative to each other under (extreme) loads. The ARB is the one to go for first.

Like what arc says, any arb from a Cinq or Sei fitted with one should fit (although I'm told the ARB on the Sei is slightly different).

Make sure you get the lot, the arb, the clamps, bolts, fittings and all. The bolts that hold the clamps (which bolt onto the lower suspension arms) tend to corrode badly, so, find your car in a scrappy, a day or so before you pull it off, soak the clamps (and I mean, soak) in WD40. Failing that, ask the scrappy to put the heat spanner (acetalyne torch) on them. You'll need to replace the bolts, but that's easier than drilling out the snapped off nut and re-tapping the thread. ;)

Make sure you get the lot, the arb, the clamps, bolts, fittings and all. The bolts that hold the clamps (which bolt onto the lower suspension arms) tend to corrode badly, so, find your car in a scrappy, a day or so before you pull it off, soak the clamps (and I mean, soak) in WD40. Failing that, ask the scrappy to put the heat spanner (acetalyne torch) on them. You'll need to replace the bolts, but that's easier than drilling out the snapped off nut and re-tapping the thread. ;)

Dont use WD40...its only a water dispersant. Use a decent penetrating oil.

No need for a lower brace on a road app IMO as theres not enough flex (Its very different on a race car), but a top one will make a big difference.

Get an ARB first.

Back