General April Offers?

Currently reading:
General April Offers?

Great offer, but red/black inside, are you sure you want that much red inside - red seats !! just my opinion.

Our daughter's paso red lounge was delivered with the red Pop seats by accident and it for us, it was OTT. But then the beauty of the 500 is its customisability...

Delivery took exactly 8 weeks, though (ordered mid-Jan), so fingers crossed for you creationtwentytwo!

Heh, guess you guys aren't fans of the red seats!

I dunno, I kinda like the look of it from what I can see on the configurator/Google.

I guess this is the first 'fun' car I've had... everything prior has just been varying shades of black, grey and other wonderfully dull hues.

Also, I'll either be keeping the car, or giving it back to the dealer after 3 years to start with a new model so I don't need to worry about selling it.

Heh, guess you guys aren't fans of the red seats!

I dunno, I kinda like the look of it from what I can see on the configurator/Google.

I guess this is the first 'fun' car I've had... everything prior has just been varying shades of black, grey and other wonderfully dull hues.

Not a fan of red seats, unless leather in a more expensive car (Porsche), and you need that leather to wrap around on the dash & doors too. In the fiat the seats look cheap and feel like an island of red.

Try ivory/red on configurator but see it in real life - the ivory is a talking point too !!

My car is red seats with ivory, I wouldnt have the interior in any other colour, albeit the car is white.

When you're sitting in the seats you can't see them anyway so I don't quite get how it'd be a red overload! Everyone who's got in my car has said something nice about the red seats though :)

Aw man what a decision!

I'm totally torn. Some people on here seem to have had the red and not regretted it and some wanted it, didn't get it and regret it.
Of course many also dislike it!

I don't like the chequered, I've seen that at the dealership and think it looks awful. I like the sport seats but the rate of interest on the sport is way higher than the lounge, also I want the glass roof on the lounge. I also don't like the ivory at all. Again, ive seen it at the showroom and I've never been a fan of cream/white upholstery.

So I'm left with a few options. Spring for the leather, which may be an option but would obviously raise the cost. Or go with red/black or gray pop cloth.

If the fabric is cheap, how is it better to go for grey? Just because it's less noticeable?

The irony is I have a degree in Interior Design!

Last edited:
Aw man what a decision!

I'm totally torn. Some people on here seem to have had the red and not regretted it and some wanted it, didn't get it and regret it.
Of course many also dislike it!

I don't like the chequered, I've seen that at the dealership and think it looks awful. I like the sport seats but the rate of interest on the sport is way higher than the lounge, also I want the glass roof on the lounge. I also don't like the ivory at all. Again, ive seen it at the showroom and I've never been a fan of cream/white upholstery.

So I'm left with a few options. Spring for the leather, which may be an option but would obviously raise the cost. Or go with red/black or gray pop cloth.

If the fabric is cheap, how is it better to go for grey? Just because it's less noticeable?

The irony is I have a degree in Interior Design!

This is where none of us can really help you- it's your call, Maxi will tell you to go for the red leather, I'll tell you to go for the sport, cjc will tell you to go for the red fabric. Why? Because we each think those options are the best, hence why we went for them.

Edit: Although it seems odd the interest on the sport is higher. Wonder if FIAT UK have an overstock of lounges??

Last edited:
This is where none of us can really help you- it's your call, Maxi will tell you to go for the red leather, I'll tell you to go for the sport, cjc will tell you to go for the red fabric. Why? Because we each think those options are the best, hence why we went for them.

Exactly :)

Here are the red leather seats in my car. I think they look good and would still look good in a red car too, if I'm honest I'd go for black leather in a red car because of the contrast but I think red would be OK too :)

Attachments

• DSC_5721.JPG
    DSC_5721.JPG
    516.9 KB · Views: 17
What is the different in repayments if you opted for the 1.2 sport with the half leather sports seats and added on the roof ? Retractable would be nice. Overall car would be very desirable and would be a lot different to the lounges out there. The theme would be more retro and sporty. The black ambience complementing the passo red. Now that's 'interior design' at its best.

Payments are as follows (taken from the configurator, so minus about £10-£15 for dealer discount):

1.2 Lounge Red w/ 16" wheel, tints, Interscope, cloth : £184.51 @ 3.4%

1.2 Lounge Red w/ 16" wheel, tints, Interscope, leather : £209.76 @ 3.4%

1.2 Sport Red w/ 16" wheel, Interscope, roof : £225.11 @ 7.9%

I can't justify the extra for the leather, I mean, it would be nice but that's quite an increase in monthly payments. I certainly don't want to go to the price of the sport, especially since a large portion of the extra would go on interest.

I think I'll have to check out the red cloth at the dealership if possible, I'm happy with the colour from what I can see, I just want to look at the quality of the cloth and see if I think it looks 'cheap' as mentioned.

Has anyone got any pics of a red cloth Lounge/Pop interior? Ideally in a red car (not likely it would seem :)), I can't seem to find any 'real' pics of the red cloth.

Last edited:
Thanks Lilly!

I actually quite like that :)

One of the things I like about it is the red door inserts, I think with the grey/black cloth, it all looks a little drab inside on what is an otherwise funky little car. Also, the red dash looks a little lonely in amidst the grey black I think.

Those hubcaps on the AT link though, not doing the 500 any favours at all.

Go with the red fabric if you does it for you. Sport is too much extra. Forget the input from the purists (including me !). It will be your car. You'll have it for 3 years and don't let us put you off buying a 500 because of the customisation !

Last edited:
Go with the red fabric if you does it for you. Sport is too much extra. Forget the input from the purists (including me !). It will be your car. You'll have it for 3 years and don't let us put you off buying a 500 because of the customisation !

Yeah thanks man, I do appreciate the advice, in fact I'm overwhelmed with how helpful the responses have been. I mean, 5 pages in a couple of days!

I suppose I'm thinking about it in 2 ways, do I want a nice all round car that 'everybody likes' or do I want 'my car'. If you see what I mean. So I'm gonna go for it, red red red!

As I mentioned, I couldn't care less how 'saleable' it is later on since I've been given a GFV I'm happy with which won't drop any lower and I'll either be keeping it or handing it back to the dealer after 3 years.

Of course this is all dependent on seeing the red seats up close, I may see them and hate them instantly and go for the grey/black.

Either way, I'm going in this week to place the order and I'm very excited!

Couple of little questions for you guys,

I'm thinking about what small extras I need to remember to ask for when I go in to place the order.

Firstly, the centrecaps with the red ring on, are they an option I can specify? I'm going for the 16" O Spokes, and I've seen both black caps and the ones with the red on. How much are they?

Secondly, key covers. They look pretty neat in the brochure, are they worth the presumably ludicrous price? Does the finish hold up on them? I was planning to get a red one to match the car, but I've had phone cases in that 'anodised' red look which last about 5 minutes.

Couple of little questions for you guys,

I'm thinking about what small extras I need to remember to ask for when I go in to place the order.

Firstly, the centrecaps with the red ring on, are they an option I can specify? I'm going for the 16" O Spokes, and I've seen both black caps and the ones with the red on. How much are they?

Secondly, key covers. They look pretty neat in the brochure, are they worth the presumably ludicrous price? Does the finish hold up on them? I was planning to get a red one to match the car, but I've had phone cases in that 'anodised' red look which last about 5 minutes.

Key covers? I got a nice italian flag one, on ebay, paid considerably less than Fiat want for it. Sorry, cant help with centre caps.

Back