General Ordered twin air 500 lounge 9th April

Currently reading:
General Ordered twin air 500 lounge 9th April

overml

Ordered a twin air lounge on the 9th April. Dealer said it would be a few more weeks yet. Anybody else got theirs if you ordered about the same time.

I ordered a Twinair Lounge with dualogic on the 17th of april. It is currently on its way from the factory and I might be picking it up in 2 weeks. It feels like time stands still.

I had originally ordered it back in november at the official fiat dealer over here. But they just weren't able to get a Twinair with dualogic.. Which was a bit strange.:confused: When I contacted the other dealer (who import cars from germany), they were within a day or two able to give me all details of available colours, wheels, accessories and delivery date. And now it's on its way :)

Ordered a twin air lounge on the 9th April. Dealer said it would be a few more weeks yet. Anybody else got theirs if you ordered about the same time.

It won't be long now. All who have ordered over the past few months have waited 6-7 weeks or so. Your dealer can check to see exactly what stage your car is at. I suspect in transit to uk?

Sorry to say ordered mine T\A Lounge 21st March, told April delivery, (dbh did'nt think it would arrive that soon!) chased my dealership again yesterday as they don't seem interested in proactive updates to be told car in the UK - should be 7 -10 days.:)

So yours seems quicker than mine, this is my second 500 and has been interesting in experiancing the different level of customer contact from two FIAT dealerships in Essex:eek:. Good luck with your delivery.

Sorry to say ordered mine T\A Lounge 21st March, told April delivery, (dbh did'nt think it would arrive that soon!) chased my dealership again yesterday as they don't seem interested in proactive updates to be told car in the UK - should be 7 -10 days.:)

So yours seems quicker than mine, this is my second 500 and has been interesting in experiancing the different level of customer contact from two FIAT dealerships in Essex:eek:. Good luck with your delivery.

Which branch did you use out of interest. I know someone who works at palmers fiat in Watford so got a good deal, expected delivery on wifes car is 28th May, ordered on 12 April so not too bad. Only down side is we are going Egypt on Saturday for 10 days so will have to wait until we get back to pick it up.

Hi thanks for all the replies. Ordered from bishops in Guildford. Had no calls or updates so chased them the other day. They said the car had been built but could not really give me any more info than that and said it would be a few more weeks. Trading in my wife's Mito 155 as not impressed with only 260 miles to a tank. Hoping the TA will be better on fuel.

Anybody ordered a blue & me tomtom. Best price on the web is about 265.00. Have seen them going for about 200 on eBay. Any advice much appreciated.

First 1.2 lounge ordered from D Salmons at Colcheter had regular updates, the new to arrive twin air lounge was ordered from G Hopkins Chelmsford, tend to have to contact them for progress, very different purchase experience.

I brought the b&m tomtom2 for my first 500, see the review on the fiat new site, looks like I brought the first one that did't work with the dash port! Looking forward to it fully working with the new car! Just hope the dash port got done!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do with mine, 9 months since purchase and still like the experience.(y)

I order my 1.2 lounge in BNW about a month ago now, I've been told its in the UK I'm just awaiting the dealer to say its ready to pick up! But it does feel like its been forever

We ordered ours on 7th of April and the dealer says its on it's way but wouldn't give me a date on pick up! Going to give them a ring again on Monday to get the latest. They said delivery would be 6-7 weeks and we are 6 1/2 weeks in now and the wife is unbearable now, mentioning the car every couple of hours! Hope it comes soon!

Hi thanks for all the replies. Ordered from bishops in Guildford. Had no calls or updates so chased them the other day. They said the car had been built but could not really give me any more info than that and said it would be a few more weeks. Trading in my wife's Mito 155 as not impressed with only 260 miles to a tank. Hoping the TA will be better on fuel.

That's disappointing fuel consumption at 26mpg. Most seem to be hoovering around the 30mpg but it can vary from the low 20s to the mid 30s. Bigger wheels don't do it any favours. It wil interesting to see what your wife can get out of the TA but I would be surprised if the late 30s wasn't achievable.

Anybody ordered a blue & me tomtom. Best price on the web is about 265.00. Have seen them going for about 200 on eBay. Any advice much appreciated.

I bought the B&Me Tom Tom for the 155TB but unfortunately the B&Me aspect doesn't work since the B&Me ECU in the MiTo isn't up-to-date enough and Alfa have done a bit of U-turn on the offer of replacing it. Like it very much but the size of it is making it a little dated. The OH really likes it and if we could have got it to work it gives the mpg, gives an interface to the mp3s on the USB. Key feature of it is the live traffic updates. If I was buying again I might consider one of the new Garmins and from feedback for those on the 500 forum placing it to the right of the speedo suits some better. So if you want the Media integration then it might be a runner. The 68R option port is neat and gets rid of the trailing wires. A cheaper route is to buy the bracket seperately for around £49 and the Tom Tom GO 1000 LIVE for c. £107 but it wouldn't do the integration stuff which you may not need.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My dealer said the same 6-7 weeks and my wife is saying the same as yours "is it ready yet or has the garage called today". My mito is coming up for it's first mot soon as well so want shot of it before we need to pay out. Will chase the garage in a weeks time hopefully it will be in the uk by then.

Yes really disappointed in the mito's mpg. My wife uses the car for work as well so 26 mpg is just not good enough. Nice car the mito but the ride is terrible. Much better when we test drove the 500 TA. Thanks for the advice on the blue&me.

Yes really disappointed in the mito's mpg. My wife uses the car for work as well so 26 mpg is just not good enough. Nice car the mito but the ride is terrible. Much better when we test drove the 500 TA.

I have to say that I wouldn't agree with you on the terrible ride but the fuel consumption can be poor if you're in a lot of heavy traffic. Below is a snapshot of what I'm getting on primarily urban driving & I don't exactly hang about. I would use Dynamic for extra boost without having to floor the trottle. I'm riding on 16s (which affect handling) whilst the OH has the 17s which are a bit crashy. I've also had the tracking done, pressures are checked weekly, Denso Iridium plugs & K&N filter. I will switch off the engine in heavy traffic. MPG figures like this are possible in a A500 despite the lack of 6th gear & a slightly poorer drag figure. Figures below were taken this evening and are higher than 'normal' given the good weather.

It will be interesting to see what you can get from the TA.

Attachments

• 155TB mpg.JPG
    155TB mpg.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 155TB distance.JPG
    155TB distance.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 20
  • 155B mph.JPG
    155B mph.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 13
Had a call from the garage today and they said the car should be in the uk in the next 5 days. They said should be able to pick it up in the next two weeks. They gave me the registration number so should not be long now.

Received the vehicle registration document today but still no idea when getting the car...

Had a call from the garage today and they said the car should be in the uk in the next 5 days. They said should be able to pick it up in the next two weeks. They gave me the registration number so should not be long now.

Received the vehicle registration document today but still no idea when getting the car...

That's odd ...you shouldn't have the v5 before the car .....

All this means is the dealership has assigned the registration number to your vehicle (which they've confirmed with you) & registered the car via their link into DVLAs systems, known as AFRL (Automated First Registration & Licensing). This can be done before the vehicle even arrives & means they can get the number plates made up ready for you to collect the car promptly when it arrives. This process being carried out automatically notifies DVLA to produce a V5C (Log Book).

They can even tax the car on a year plus 1 or iirc 2 weeks basis so that providing the car arrives in June, you should still have a 12 month tax disc (the extra 1 or 2 weeks being for the last week or two in May when they registered it on AFRL). DVLA get their essential documents like Log Books & Driving Licenses out to customers alot quicker than they used to so it's not something that used to happen, but don't be overly alarmed!

Excuse the slight geeky-ness - i worked for DVLA a while back & was in charge of registering & taxing cars for a fleet management company in my following job, hence the mind of (what's usually) useless knowledge :eek:

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully getting the car next but still have the finance paper work to do with the dealer. Why they could not arrange the finance paper work during the last 8 weeks since we ordered the car is beyond me. Dealer said the paper work may take a week to process. :(

Back