Anyone vinyl wrapped a car?

Currently reading:
Anyone vinyl wrapped a car?

Kerr1992

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has vinyl wrapped there whole car?

My reason for asking is that my GP has lots of scratches and paint chips where people where I stay don't care about your can and whack it with there doors or other bits and bobs. And also the amount of paint chips on the front is horrendous :-(

Anyway, I was going to try wrapping it myself in the same colour(orange). And was wondering if its easy enough to do yourself? Is it easy to keep clean and are you able to wax it? And finally, how would insurance react?

Cheers
Craig

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone here has vinyl wrapped there whole car?

My reason for asking is that my GP has lots of scratches and paint chips where people where I stay don't care about your can and whack it with there doors or other bits and bobs. And also the amount of paint chips on the front is horrendous :-(

Anyway, I was going to try wrapping it myself in the same colour(orange). And was wondering if its easy enough to do yourself? Is it easy to keep clean and are you able to wax it? And finally, how would insurance react?

Cheers
Craig
Hi,
Most of our schemes haven't got issues with vinyl wraps. If you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Helped my lad do some bits on his car, the big panels are a doddle - when you start having to round tight curves / corners things get 'interesting'.

Helps to have a heat gun handy - but beware, it's a fine line between making the vinyl pliable enough to go round stuff & blowing a hole in it!
Also, if the vinyl has a design on it, it's easy to make it look out of shape by pulling too much when it's warm.

Back