Anyone Insured An Abarth Grande Punto Yet?

Currently reading:
Anyone Insured An Abarth Grande Punto Yet?

Out of interest I just checked the price for the Mjet for me an the missus on Swiftcover - £152! Damn that's low, they should give it away in a box of cornflakes at that price!

I think the reason Tesco have it but no one else is thanx to Duncan and him chasing Tesco round to get it sorted - well done!

Last edited:
John,

You Must have ordered yours just after me, ordered mine last Wednesday, it had only just been put in the showroom and I said I'll have that one.

It will be so good to drive as have been buzzing around in a diesel Astra van for weeks.

Get mine on Friday lunchtime, could have got it earlier but didn't want to waste a months tax.

Can't believe you have to pay £250 to have red paint either.

Cheers

Duncan.

I was on the phone to them last week when you were in the showroom buying the red one, I was going to have that myself but you beat me to it! I saw Martin on Friday and he told me they had another red one due any day so I gave him a deposit there and then. Luckily enough he phoned me yesterday to say the car had arrived and now I've finally got some insurance sorted out with Fiat I should be collecting it on Saturday morning. :)

I know what you mean about the extra £250 for red though but apparently it's a special red, looks nice though. Unfortunately as I'm impatient I have to pay another £500 for the optional wheels too.

I've just noticed that it's turned up on the Tesco website now but under Fiat :confused:.

Tried to get a quote though & it said the systems was down or something. I'm 39 with about 10 years NCD so hopefully shouldn't be too bad for me.

Tried to get a quote though & it said the systems was down or something. I'm 39 with about 10 years NCD so hopefully shouldn't be too bad for me.
Tesco site kept failing for me too. Try using Confused.com, as that goes through and brings up the Tesco prices (y)

I tried to get a quote for the standard Abarth with Confused and it said that they would call me! So basically im thinking that they wont insure me.. grrrr!!

I tried to get a quote for the standard Abarth with Confused and it said that they would call me! So basically im thinking that they wont insure me.. grrrr!!

How old are you?. If your only 17-19 most insurance company will not insure you on most cars. I had a right pain getting insurance for a Skoda Fabia vRS when I was 19 and thats only a group 9 not 15!!.

John,

You Must have ordered yours just after me, ordered mine last Wednesday, it had only just been put in the showroom and I said I'll have that one.

It will be so good to drive as have been buzzing around in a diesel Astra van for weeks.

Get mine on Friday lunchtime, could have got it earlier but didn't want to waste a months tax.

Can't believe you have to pay £250 to have red paint either.

Cheers

Duncan.

For future reference or for any one else in the same situation dealers can tax cars for the odd week, we picked a new ford up earlier in the year near the end of the month and the dealer taxed it for 12 months and one week, it added £3.50 to the tax cost, hope the pick up goes OK

i've got 3 years no claims and im 24 and its come up with £1288 with tesco value and £1500 with normal tesco for abarth and £1522 tesco value for the ss. that's quite alot. i'm sure i could get it down tho coz i've been with tesco for 3 years and it's better if u ring them up

Back