Anyone Insured An Abarth Grande Punto Yet?

Currently reading:
Anyone Insured An Abarth Grande Punto Yet?

Hi there,

I have insured mine, pick it up Friday, it's the red one at Research Garage in Nuneaton.

Got it insured through Tesco, will pobably say "Strada Abarth" on the cover note as they had a list of Abarths on their database but none were the Punto.

The lady said on Monday that she spoke with the underwriters and it was in the same group as a Golf, no idea which one and she couldn't tell me what group it is.

It cost about £100 a year more than my Alfa 159 2.4 diesel I have just sold so it must be a fairly high grouping.

Cheers

Duncan.

I tried Tesco's but didn't get anywhere. I'm getting mine from research Garage too, it's another red one that came in yesterday with the optional wheels on it.

Anyway, everything's okay now - phoned Fiat insurance this morning and they sorted it out within minutes, they have the Abarth Grande Punto on their system and the SS version too. Will now be picking it up on Saturday morning, yippee!! :yum:

I tried Tesco's but didn't get anywhere. I'm getting mine from research Garage too, it's another red one that came in yesterday with the optional wheels on it.

Anyway, everything's okay now - phoned Fiat insurance this morning and they sorted it out within minutes, they have the Abarth Grande Punto on their system and the SS version too. Will now be picking it up on Saturday morning, yippee!! :yum:

So come on - tell us the damage!

If you dont mind me asking what group is it and how much have they quoted you?

John,

You Must have ordered yours just after me, ordered mine last Wednesday, it had only just been put in the showroom and I said I'll have that one.

It will be so good to drive as have been buzzing around in a diesel Astra van for weeks.

Get mine on Friday lunchtime, could have got it earlier but didn't want to waste a months tax.

Can't believe you have to pay £250 to have red paint either.

Cheers

Duncan.

If you dont mind me asking what group is it and how much have they quoted you?

They didn't tell me the group (didn't ask though) and I don't know how much it will be yet. At the moment I've got 7 days free insurance so I'll need to get a quote before that expires. Hopefully my insurance company will have it on the system by then, if not, I'll get a proper quote from Fiat and insure with them.

From Sean at Platts Abarth posting on my blog. Excuse the capitals, I don't know why he does it.

MR C ,
IF YOU ASK THE RIGHT PEOPLE THE ANSWER WILL APPEAR.
THE INSURANCE GROUP FOR THE 155BHP IS 15 AND THE GROUP FOR THE 180BHP IS 18.
THE INFORMATION HAS APPEARED ON THE ABI WEBSITE FOR A WEEK AND IS ALSO ON THE THATCHAM WEBSITE.
SOME SMALLER INSURANCE COMPANIES MAY NOT HAVE UP TO DATE SOFT WARE AND THEREFORE MAY NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS, BUT US DEALERS DO.
**** UP IN A BREWERY NO! INSURANCE GROUPS YES-EVENTUALLY

Ha! £250 a year with Tesco, £300 for the 'esseesse' :slayer:

I should be able to get that around £220 when more insurers have it listed, the Sporting is only £190 a year atm

Last edited:
Doncha just love the Gp 6 Insurance on a 1.9 MJet S1! :D

Back