Anyone from leeds?

Currently reading:
Anyone from leeds?

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
I need to book a hotel for 30th June and just wondering wheres closest to leeds centre (bars ;) ) i dont know leeds at all so i need to be able to find it when i'm drunk.

Is it best to stay in the comfort inn (where they're doing the feb meet) or travelodge central?

Travelodge central is only £26 for the room and theres 3 staying in it but dont want to get lost :(

Comfort in only has double/ twin rooms so a bit of a problem.

Any help?
 

Seraph

Orka inte
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,915
Location
Leeds UK
depends what you're looking for... cheap and cheerful... there's a handful of places...
but there's also some class.
like the radisson sas at the light..or the queen by the station.

i had a list of some cheapo places a bit back.. gimme a few and i'll have a shufties for it.

the comfort is ok, i've stayed there a few times...
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
black_cinq

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
Thanks very much. TBH i just want somewhere cheap. It'll only be to stay in between the bars shutting at 10am next morning kick out... Some places wont take us cause theres no one over 21. :)

I'm cool with booking the travelodge just didnt know if it was central enough.
 

Seraph

Orka inte
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,915
Location
Leeds UK
black_cinq said:
Thanks very much. TBH i just want somewhere cheap. It'll only be to stay in between the bars shutting at 10am next morning kick out... Some places wont take us cause theres no one over 21. :)

I'm cool with booking the travelodge just didnt know if it was central enough.


i'd say the comfort it is then. it's by far the best for the price.
and it's pretty convenient for comin and goin.
 
OP
OP
black_cinq

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
Seraph said:
i'd say the comfort it is then. it's by far the best for the price.
and it's pretty convenient for comin and goin.

No its the travelodge for £26 and means we're all in one room... so is that near bars too?
 

Seraph

Orka inte
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,915
Location
Leeds UK
wow that is cheap..
it's near the train station, which is a really short walk from a local strip joint..

oh and it's near a dive called majestyks (stear clear) and then onto a road with quite a few alternatives on it.
plenty near by at least.
 
OP
OP
black_cinq

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
\yes i know its cheap but am i going to get lost :p thats my main question. I've only been to leeds once before and that was during the day.
 

Seraph

Orka inte
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,915
Location
Leeds UK
come out the travel lodge, turn right.
walk past station, and you'll see all of leeds..
 
OP
OP
black_cinq

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
Seraph said:
wow that is cheap..
it's near the train station, which is a really short walk from a local strip joint..

oh and it's near a dive called majestyks (stear clear) and then onto a road with quite a few alternatives on it.
plenty near by at least.

Right thats all i wanted to know :)

We're not going to get into leeds centre til 11/11:30 so wanted somewhere close to bars/ clubs rather than pubs if that makes sence.

As long as we can find somewhere to get drunk we dont mind :D

Strip club you say ;)
 

Seraph

Orka inte
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,915
Location
Leeds UK
black_cinq said:
Right thats all i wanted to know :)

We're not going to get into leeds centre til 11/11:30 so wanted somewhere close to bars/ clubs rather than pubs if that makes sence.

As long as we can find somewhere to get drunk we dont mind :D

Strip club you say ;)

yea, it's called purple door.
if you fancy a walk for around 10 or 15 mins, there's a single road with a shed load of trendy bars on, and there's a load of bars on the way to that road from the travel lodge
 
OP
OP
black_cinq

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
8,137
Location
United Kingdom
Seraph said:
yea, it's called purple door.
if you fancy a walk for around 10 or 15 mins, there's a single road with a shed load of trendy bars on, and there's a load of bars on the way to that road from the travel lodge

right thats great thanks for your help i've booked it :woot:
 

surfin_fella

Cento Boy
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
7,311
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but;

I think the Travel Lodge is about a mile outta the City centre, next to (part of) TGI Fridays :S

I think Seraph is talking about the Comfort Inn still :confused:
 
Top