Anybody use Egg.com

Currently reading:
Anybody use Egg.com

I have a credit card with them, can't say we've ever communicated beyond openeing the card so I can't comment on service! But that's a good sign that nothing has ever gone wrong, not for you if you like the personal touch though.

S0 RUN said:
Does anybody have a bank account with egg ? www.egg.com

Are they any good ?

How is the customer service ?

Don't no bout rates n stuff, but customer service ok, as far as i no, but i say this as my sister in law used to work there n i have a few friend who do as it's based in derby, I am wiv barclay's. but it seems about as good as any other(y)

this is not a recommendation as most of my family work for capital one based in nottingham so i am staying neutral!!!!!!!

Hehe!! me an the other half got our egg cards in the post this mornin so right now cant be much help sorry! :)

the adverts with the guinea pigs are cool :cool:

I got an Egg card, and an Egg savings account - never ever dealt with their customer service, although managed to get a 'family annual travel insurance' policy for just £10 (y)

Been with egg for a while first it was just for the interest free offer on the credit card ( rate tart! )but now I have a loan with them. Had to contact them once and found them very helpfull.(y)

I have 2 credit cards (one Egg card, one Egg Money card) and a savings account (currently with 2p in it :rolleyes: ). I have also had a loan with them. No problems at all with them. Some decent offers, in terms of interest-free periods and loan flexibility etc. On the few occassions I've had to communicate with them, it's been easy and convenient (via web-based forms).
H

2 small moans....

Online banking is hopeless & normally about 4/5 days but like yourself only got the card to stuff some debt on interest free for 6 months to get some breathing space!

Second if you do contact them they try & sell/offer you loans(like others I guess)which can be annoying........:eek: OK so I accepted one,well they are good salesmen!!!!

Just wanted to update this thread.

Egg only want you if you're going to borrow money, then pay off minimum amounts. If you pay off the balance then they'll flag you as a poor investment and lock your account.
I guess they did that to you then? :confused:

a few of my friends went against my advice and tried for an egg cars after recieving invites in the post

the were not allowed an egg card

simply because they have good credit ratings like me

they love people that borrow money and pay it back slowly and build up masive intrest on it

if you always pay it off and never make them any money there not intrested in you

i'm with barcklays at the moment they are excellent behave much more like a real bank not like egg the toy town loan sharks

the only niggle i have with barcklays is the poor position of there call centres and the language of the people that live and work there lol

but i either see my local bank/manager or online so it don't bother me

i don't understand why people get credit cards with other banks

what's wrong with having one with the bank that holds your current account makes much more sence at the end of the day the rates are all very similar and mostly covered up with 0% for so many weeks this and offers galore on that and so on

Last edited:
Back