Technical any1 had this happen and advice on next gp?

Currently reading:
Technical any1 had this happen and advice on next gp?

jimmy19801

Bought my 1.2 active little under a month ago, had it 3 days and it has spent the rest of the time back home with the dealer. Firstly it wouldn't fill up with petrol, couldn't get anymore in at the pump but it was only half full, got up next morning and the needle was showing empty (hadn't gone anywhere) checked for leaks and found nothing tried to fill up and manged to put £1.70 in. Noticed at work (whilst it was raining) rainbow effect so presumed it was petrol leaking so rang AA, not petrol leak but oil leak. Took back to dealer was told the needle was faulty and would take a week for parts to arrive. Meanwhile oil leak was sorted. Week after needle was fixed, but was told fuel seal had not been fitted back properly and if i smelt petrol to ring them straight away?????? I refused to take the car. They rang to say everything had been fixed a few days later, picked car up and filled it at tesco and it seemed sluggish then started to jerk at low revs, so took it back AGAIN! Few days later told it was wiring and they were sorting the fault, two days after they ran to say it was contaminated fuel, i asked them to kep a sample but oh they had already disposed of it. They rang this morning to say everthing was fixed now and there would be no problems, picked car up and on motorway couldn't top 55, then slowed to 35. Came to a slight hill and it couldn't even make it in 1st. AA towed me back and i demanded a new car or money back, i bought the car second hand from dealer 7 mnths old with 8thou on clock. I know its long winded but how much can go wrong in 4 week. I haven't decided what to do yet, i have been looking on the net and found others cheaper than main dealer so i've got him scared. Any advice on what model to go for next anyone got 1.3 multijet?(need 5 drs or i'd have 1.9) cheers.

Last edited:
the 1.3 has been reported as a nice ride by quite a few of the members, you have just got to search around for the best price really, what sort of extras do you want with the car?

Sounds like a dud.. (that can't be right! :p)

Hope it all gets sorted soon!

I hope it gets sorted for the next person, told them i ain't having the car back. Think i'm going to go with the 1.3 multijet and see if i can get 17's alloys outta them, i've seen them cheaper on the net and my dealer has promisd to match price. I''ll have to see what i can get them to throw in for the inconvenience. I saw an orange colour at the dealers today, wasn't as flat as the carribean orange, i can't see it in the brochure i'm guessing it is exotica red, anyone seen the same?

Warning to gp owners!!! read this!!!!

I posted another thread on here rgarding the death of my 1.2 active 06 after 3 days of owning her. The official word from my dealers came back today and that was that i must have killed the engine by adding red-ex to the petrol. I didn't add red-ex but even if i had this wouldn't have killed it. Anyway after much arguing about who was to blame they have given me my money back. And what did i do? Buy another from the same dealer, sounds mad but the grande punto is such good value that i don't mind the crap customer service, they have to make their money back somewhere. Anyways be warned they will try anything to blame you if it all goes horribly wrong!

Re: Warning to gp owners!!! read this!!!!

ok post some pics up if you get the chance, and also what model etc did you buy?

Re: Warning to gp owners!!! read this!!!!

I posted another thread on here rgarding the death of my 1.2 active 06 after 3 days of owning her. The official word from my dealers came back today and that was that i must have killed the engine by adding red-ex to the petrol. I didn't add red-ex but even if i had this wouldn't have killed it. Anyway after much arguing about who was to blame they have given me my money back. And what did i do? Buy another from the same dealer, sounds mad but the grande punto is such good value that i don't mind the crap customer service, they have to make their money back somewhere. Anyways be warned they will try anything to blame you if it all goes horribly wrong!

I'm surprised you bought the same car from the same dealer :eek:

Back