Technical any insider knowledge on refitting front brake hoses?

Currently reading:
Technical any insider knowledge on refitting front brake hoses?

pinkoi

Well (mk1 85sx) buggy got through his MOT 3 weeks ago after new front and rear shocks, new rear trailing arm, new sump pan, new front bottom ball joint gaitor and exhaust refitting...
thank (insert popular 4 letter word here) I knew a tame mechanic or it would have cost more than it was worth to mend it.
what else could go wrong!?!

well a few days ago it started leaking brake fluid, just a few drips, now its piddling out all over the place....
Jacked it up today and it seems luckily its just on the passenger side and its not the metal piping that's broken just the rubber pipe is perished... got a replacement for £10 and I'll be endeavouring to mend it myself tomorrow, because I am a tinkerer...

has anyone else done this repair before? any tips hints or tricks? I have the Hayes manual which seems to indicate its simple but doesn't have any pictures, but the simplest things can be the biggest pain...

ta

Remove the rigid hose connection first using an appropriate sized spanner. Pull the clip that holds the flexi-hose to the chassis. With the other end free, you should be able to unscrew the flexi-hose from the caliper. Be wary not to damage any pad wear sensor wires. Refitment is the reverse, albeit bleeding the system before driving. If you did the cling-film-over-the-reservoir-lid-trick, you should only need to bleed that line.

Remove the rigid hose connection first using an appropriate sized spanner. Pull the clip that holds the flexi-hose to the chassis. With the other end free, you should be able to unscrew the flexi-hose from the caliper. Be wary not to damage any pad wear sensor wires. Refitment is the reverse, albeit bleeding the system before driving. If you did the cling-film-over-the-reservoir-lid-trick, you should only need to bleed that line.

it said in the hayes manual about the cling film jobby so i am already armed as far as that goes.
thanks for the tip about what order to remove stuff in :)

Back