car3.jpg

Grande Punto Another red T-Jet (:

Introduction

I thought i'd share my Grande with everyone as it seems to be the thing to do (y)

Anyway i've had the car around 2 months now and love every bit of it, one night I drove my friends (GotGrande) and I just had to get one, was a great upgrade! Cleaned the car over the weekend and thought it was time to get some pictures up.

Only thing changed is debadged boot but got a couple of things to buy when money becomes available :)
Let me know what you think :)
Reactions: maverick1508
Love it, stickers look wicked. Little things like that can really make a car stand out, and shows a bit of uniqueness lol!

thanks, theres more stickers on there now haha some get a bit manky in heavy rain so tend to replace or cover them up with more, its the only thing i really do to the car as dont want to spend much money on it as I want to change to something with more power :)

does that mean youll be selling it anytime soon?

I find it hard to part with the punto really love the way they look, at the same time im picky with cars so deciding on something better isnt easy! waiting till next month when I turn 21 to see what I can afford insurance wise then shall have to make a decision haha but I dont think ill have it too much longer :) / :(

Haven't put a picture up in ages so here's one, lurking in my garage ;)

garage.jpg

Been noticing little things wrong with my car here and there which is rather annoying but I will be selling it in the near future (y) / (n)

Rather than starting a new thread, drove home today and when opening my garage I noticed my exhaust was sounding a bit deeper and was vibrating a fair bit, revved it to see if it sounded any different and noticed after revving when the revs came back down was making a sort of burble, not massive bangs of excess fuel going into the zaust but a sort of quiter version? Never heard it before :confused: Any one with any ideas? Hope something under the car isnt starting to loosen up!! :(

Can you take a clearer pic of the rear diffusor vinyl thing? I want to take a look and see up close :D

cheers mate!

the only other one ive got is this one

reardif.jpg
hope thats of some help haha, ill be able to take a closer one at some point if not.

it took quite a while to do, unfortunately i got a bit lazy with it here and there, after i'd done it I thought 'why didnt I just take the bumper off' lol so may do it properly at some point :)

Loving the ingenuity to do this. You may think its not perfect, but you wouldn't tell from looking at it. Maybe up close if you wanted to be picky, but from the overall look (ie whilst driving, or walking past) it looks great. Lets face it, this is how everyone will view it in every day, right.

You should be happy with this, well done!

Only thing i'd say is, on the very edges where it meets the lights. I'd have been inclined to let the vinyl follow the natural direction of the curved edge formed. Whereas how you've done it, you can see a small little curve where they meet. Hard to explain, can't think of any other way of explaining. Except maybe stealing your photo and photo shopping in a circle on the spot :p

Top job though. Do mine? ;)

Loving the ingenuity to do this. You may think its not perfect, but you wouldn't tell from looking at it. Maybe up close if you wanted to be picky, but from the overall look (ie whilst driving, or walking past) it looks great. Lets face it, this is how everyone will view it in every day, right.

You should be happy with this, well done!

Only thing i'd say is, on the very edges where it meets the lights. I'd have been inclined to let the vinyl follow the natural direction of the curved edge formed. Whereas how you've done it, you can see a small little curve where they meet. Hard to explain, can't think of any other way of explaining. Except maybe stealing your photo and photo shopping in a circle on the spot :p

Top job though. Do mine? ;)

Haha thanks! :) Yeah I get what you mean about following the fog light line, I was going to do that but to tell the truth i made the mistake of cutting off too much vinyl first :bang: up close it is pretty bad but like you say from a distance you cant tell at all, i have no idea how i had the patience to do it! (and I rushed haha ;))

Managed to give it a quick wash whilst the weather was holding, I still can't decide whether to actually bother getting some eibach sportlines or not, there's quite an arch gap which does bother me but all that money just to make it a tiny bit lower? Would it really be worth it do you reckon? Coileys are basically a no no as my drive is a vicious thing! (n)

No updates that I can think of, money is going to be going on a service before the new year, brakes need looking at, subframe brace possibly and steering rack so could be quite costly :eek: might acquire a debadged grill in the near future though. (y) Until then here's another picture. Any suggestions?

clean.jpg

Been messing around with my dslr to try and get some nice pictures, haven't used it in years so it's taking a while to get used to it again! Poor lighting letting the quality down though (n) So heres a little picture I took yesterday when testing it, hope you like! (y)

thattime.jpg

Managed to give it a quick wash whilst the weather was holding, I still can't decide whether to actually bother getting some eibach sportlines or not, there's quite an arch gap which does bother me but all that money just to make it a tiny bit lower? Would it really be worth it do you reckon? Coileys are basically a no no as my drive is a vicious thing! (n)

No updates that I can think of, money is going to be going on a service before the new year, brakes need looking at, subframe brace possibly and steering rack so could be quite costly :eek: might acquire a debadged grill in the near future though. (y) Until then here's another picture. Any suggestions?

View attachment 108385

I know what you mean, I wouldn't spend £180 on some springs for the sake of 50mm but I found some on ebay and won them for £42! (y) gotta be worth it

I know what you mean, I wouldn't spend £180 on some springs for the sake of 50mm but I found some on ebay and won them for £42! (y) gotta be worth it

I'm clearly not looking at ebay enough! Theres cheaper makes on there but dont think i'd trust anything other than Eibach's, the drop wouldn't be much but i'd enjoy the handling improvements haha (y)

Back